Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Network Functions Virtualization NFV Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Network Functions Virtualization NFV related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Network Functions Virtualization NFV specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
The latest quick edition of the Network Functions Virtualization NFV Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals…
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 619 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Network Functions Virtualization NFV improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 619 standard requirements:
Are team charters developed?
If you were responsible for initiating and implementing major changes in your organization, what steps might you take to ensure acceptance of those changes?
In the case of a Network Functions Virtualization NFV project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Network Functions Virtualization NFV project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. Can we track that any Network Functions Virtualization NFV project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
What Relevant Entities could be measured?
How do we know if we are successful?
Are assumptions made in Network Functions Virtualization NFV stated explicitly?
What is the funding source for this project?
How are you going to measure success?
Have the customer needs been translated into specific, measurable requirements? How?
Why improve in the first place?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Network Functions Virtualization NFV book in PDF containing 619 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in…
Your Network Functions Virtualization NFV self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Network Functions Virtualization NFV Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Network Functions Virtualization NFV areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Network Functions Virtualization NFV Self-Assessment
Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Network Functions Virtualization NFV projects with the 62 implementation resources:
62 step-by-step Network Functions Virtualization NFV Project Management Form Templates covering over 6000 Network Functions Virtualization NFV project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
Procurement Audit: Is free and fair (international) competition promoted by organizational policies and legislation, in line with legal, trade organizations and other policies?
Probability and Impact Assessment: Will new information become available during the Network Functions Virtualization NFV project?
Initiating Process Group: What are the inputs required to produce the deliverables?
Planning Process Group: How well did the chosen processes fit the needs of the Network Functions Virtualization NFV project?
Change Management Plan: What are the specific target groups/audiences that will be impacted by this change?
Quality Metrics: Is there alignment within your company on definitions?
Monitoring and Controlling Process Group: What will you do to minimize the impact should a risk event occur?
Roles and Responsibilities: Influence: What areas of organizational decision making are you able to influence when you do not have authority to make the final decision?
Activity Duration Estimates: What are crucial elements of successful Network Functions Virtualization NFV project plan execution?
Responsibility Assignment Matrix: Is accountability placed at the lowest-possible level within the Network Functions Virtualization NFV project so that decisions can be made at that level?
Step-by-step and complete Network Functions Virtualization NFV Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
1.1 Network Functions Virtualization NFV project Charter
1.2 Stakeholder Register
1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
2.1 Network Functions Virtualization NFV project Management Plan
5.3 Network Functions Virtualization NFV project or Phase Close-Out
5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Network Functions Virtualization NFV project with this in-depth Network Functions Virtualization NFV Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
Diagnose Network Functions Virtualization NFV projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
Integrate recent advances in Network Functions Virtualization NFV and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, ‘What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?’
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that – whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc… – they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Network Functions Virtualization NFV investments work better.
This Network Functions Virtualization NFV All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person:
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.
What is involved in Network Functions Virtualization NFV
Find out what the related areas are that Network Functions Virtualization NFV connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Network Functions Virtualization NFV thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Network Functions Virtualization NFV journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Network Functions Virtualization NFV leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Network Functions Virtualization NFV related domains to cover and 152 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Network Functions Virtualization NFV, Network function virtualization, Application-specific integrated circuit, Carrier grade, Certes Networks, Cloud computing, Content delivery network, Cyan, Inc., Darmstadt, Germany, Data link layer, European Telecommunications Standards Institute, Google Talk, Hardware virtualization, High availability, IP Multimedia Subsystem, Intrusion detection system, Load balancing, Mobile base station, Network architecture, Network interface device, Network layer, Network management, Network node, Network virtualization, Northbound interface, OASIS TOSCA, Open Platform for NFV, Open vSwitch, Platform as a service, Proof of concept, RAD Data Communications, Session border controller, Shortest Path Bridging, Software-defined networking, Southbound interface, Systems integrator, Virtual machines, Virtualization engine, White paper:
Grasp Network Functions Virtualization NFV visions and adopt an insight outlook.
– What are the disruptive Network Functions Virtualization NFV technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Network Functions Virtualization NFV?
– Have all basic functions of Network Functions Virtualization NFV been defined?
Network function virtualization Critical Criteria:
Check Network function virtualization projects and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Network function virtualization results.
– In the case of a Network Functions Virtualization NFV project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Network Functions Virtualization NFV project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Network Functions Virtualization NFV project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– what is the best design framework for Network Functions Virtualization NFV organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Network Functions Virtualization NFV processes of our organization?
– How do we go about Comparing Network Functions Virtualization NFV approaches/solutions?
– What are the short and long-term Network Functions Virtualization NFV goals?
Certes Networks Critical Criteria:
Focus on Certes Networks issues and get out your magnifying glass.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Network Functions Virtualization NFV?
– Among the Network Functions Virtualization NFV product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Cloud computing tasks and change contexts.
– How might we classify current cloud computing offerings across a spectrum, and how do the technical and business challenges differ depending on where in the spectrum a particular offering lies?
– Governance: Is there a governance structure to ensure that PII is managed and protected through its life cycle, even when it is stored or processed in a cloud computing environment?
– What impact has emerging technology (e.g., cloud computing, virtualization and mobile computing) had on your companys ITRM program over the past 12 months?
– Change in technology and prices over time: what will billing units be like for the higher-level virtualization clouds?
– What is the security gap between private cloud cloud computing versus client server computing architectures?
– What does it take to become a cloud computing provider, and why would a company consider becoming one?
– How can a small cloud computing consultancy take advantage of the Federal Cloud Computing Strategy?
– Do we require that confidential information in the cloud be stored within the united states?
– What challenges and opportunities does cloud computing present for IT service management ?
– What makes cloud computing well suited for supply chain management applications?
– What challenges and opportunities does cloud computing present for IT Service Management ?
– Is there any application left that does not talk to at least one of its fellows?
– What are the ways in which cloud computing and big data can work together?
– What are the security issues around cloud computing?
– Which is better for business open or closed clouds?
– How do you prepare your data center for Cloud?
– Can we accelerate DevOps with Hybrid Cloud?
– How technically mature is the standard?
– Will database virtualization take off?
– Fedramp approved / compliant?
Content delivery network Critical Criteria:
Rank Content delivery network results and report on the economics of relationships managing Content delivery network and constraints.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Network Functions Virtualization NFV project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Network Functions Virtualization NFV project lifecycle?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Network Functions Virtualization NFV project?
– How do we maintain Network Functions Virtualization NFVs Integrity?
Cyan, Inc. Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Cyan, Inc. strategies and look for lots of ideas.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Network Functions Virtualization NFV process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Network Functions Virtualization NFV process available?
– Consider your own Network Functions Virtualization NFV project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Why are Network Functions Virtualization NFV skills important?
Darmstadt, Germany Critical Criteria:
Explore Darmstadt, Germany leadership and explain and analyze the challenges of Darmstadt, Germany.
– How will you know that the Network Functions Virtualization NFV project has been successful?
– What are the usability implications of Network Functions Virtualization NFV actions?
Data link layer Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Data link layer issues and interpret which customers can’t participate in Data link layer because they lack skills.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Network Functions Virtualization NFV models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Do we have past Network Functions Virtualization NFV Successes?
European Telecommunications Standards Institute Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on European Telecommunications Standards Institute adoptions and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in European Telecommunications Standards Institute.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Network Functions Virtualization NFV with what users do day-to-day?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Network Functions Virtualization NFV study?
– Why is Network Functions Virtualization NFV important for you now?
Google Talk Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Google Talk failures and know what your objective is.
– Do we monitor the Network Functions Virtualization NFV decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– What is the source of the strategies for Network Functions Virtualization NFV strengthening and reform?
– What is Effective Network Functions Virtualization NFV?
Hardware virtualization Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Hardware virtualization risks and look at it backwards.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Network Functions Virtualization NFV? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Have you identified your Network Functions Virtualization NFV key performance indicators?
High availability Critical Criteria:
Sort High availability projects and visualize why should people listen to you regarding High availability.
– What are some of our practices for having application consistent snapshots across multiple persistent storage systems for disaster recovery and or high availability purposes?
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Network Functions Virtualization NFV processes?
– How can you negotiate Network Functions Virtualization NFV successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Should the deployment occur in high availability mode or should we configure in bypass mode?
– How can sdn be applied in the context of disaster recovery and high availability?
– Are our applications designed for high availability and disaster recovery?
– Is the application designed for high availability and disaster recovery?
IP Multimedia Subsystem Critical Criteria:
Have a session on IP Multimedia Subsystem strategies and find the ideas you already have.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Network Functions Virtualization NFV strengthening and reform actually originate?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Network Functions Virtualization NFV strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
Intrusion detection system Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Intrusion detection system quality and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Intrusion detection system is getting what it needs.
– Can intrusion detection systems be configured to ignore activity that is generated by authorized scanner operation?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Network Functions Virtualization NFV ?
– What are the business goals Network Functions Virtualization NFV is aiming to achieve?
– What is a limitation of a server-based intrusion detection system (ids)?
Load balancing Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Load balancing decisions and describe the risks of Load balancing sustainability.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Network Functions Virtualization NFV experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Network Functions Virtualization NFV process?
– What is a feature of dns server load balancing?
– What load balancing technique should we use?
Mobile base station Critical Criteria:
Adapt Mobile base station planning and oversee Mobile base station requirements.
– Can we do Network Functions Virtualization NFV without complex (expensive) analysis?
– What about Network Functions Virtualization NFV Analysis of results?
Network architecture Critical Criteria:
Generalize Network architecture tactics and finalize the present value of growth of Network architecture.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Network Functions Virtualization NFV leader?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Network Functions Virtualization NFV been identified and analyzed?
Network interface device Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Network interface device failures and separate what are the business goals Network interface device is aiming to achieve.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Network Functions Virtualization NFV objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Who needs to know about Network Functions Virtualization NFV ?
Network layer Critical Criteria:
Reason over Network layer strategies and report on setting up Network layer without losing ground.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Network Functions Virtualization NFV process?
– Is there any existing Network Functions Virtualization NFV governance structure?
– What threat is Network Functions Virtualization NFV addressing?
– What is Data Security at Network Layer?
Network management Critical Criteria:
Unify Network management failures and plan concise Network management education.
– Do we all define Network Functions Virtualization NFV in the same way?
Network node Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Network node risks and forecast involvement of future Network node projects in development.
– What is our formula for success in Network Functions Virtualization NFV ?
– Why should we adopt a Network Functions Virtualization NFV framework?
Network virtualization Critical Criteria:
Read up on Network virtualization leadership and point out improvements in Network virtualization.
– Are accountability and ownership for Network Functions Virtualization NFV clearly defined?
– Is the scope of Network Functions Virtualization NFV defined?
Northbound interface Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Northbound interface tactics and describe which business rules are needed as Northbound interface interface.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Network Functions Virtualization NFV processes?
– Is Supporting Network Functions Virtualization NFV documentation required?
OASIS TOSCA Critical Criteria:
Adapt OASIS TOSCA adoptions and maintain OASIS TOSCA for success.
– For your Network Functions Virtualization NFV project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
Open Platform for NFV Critical Criteria:
See the value of Open Platform for NFV management and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Open Platform for NFV.
– What are the key elements of your Network Functions Virtualization NFV performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Think of your Network Functions Virtualization NFV project. what are the main functions?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Network Functions Virtualization NFV move?
Open vSwitch Critical Criteria:
Shape Open vSwitch projects and gather practices for scaling Open vSwitch.
Platform as a service Critical Criteria:
Depict Platform as a service leadership and intervene in Platform as a service processes and leadership.
– To what extent does management recognize Network Functions Virtualization NFV as a tool to increase the results?
Proof of concept Critical Criteria:
Merge Proof of concept risks and point out improvements in Proof of concept.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Network Functions Virtualization NFV. How do we gain traction?
– Will a proof of concept support and create awareness of the power of the AWS cloud within the organization?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Network Functions Virtualization NFV forward?
– What is explored during the proof of concept phase for cloud adoption?
– Which applications can I immediately move after a proof of concept?
– What should a proof of concept or pilot accomplish?
RAD Data Communications Critical Criteria:
Talk about RAD Data Communications quality and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough RAD Data Communications results.
– Think about the functions involved in your Network Functions Virtualization NFV project. what processes flow from these functions?
– How do we Improve Network Functions Virtualization NFV service perception, and satisfaction?
– Are there Network Functions Virtualization NFV Models?
Session border controller Critical Criteria:
Jump start Session border controller engagements and gather practices for scaling Session border controller.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Network Functions Virtualization NFV project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– How would one define Network Functions Virtualization NFV leadership?
– Are there Network Functions Virtualization NFV problems defined?
Shortest Path Bridging Critical Criteria:
Explore Shortest Path Bridging engagements and finalize specific methods for Shortest Path Bridging acceptance.
Software-defined networking Critical Criteria:
Match Software-defined networking visions and finalize the present value of growth of Software-defined networking.
– Do the Network Functions Virtualization NFV decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– How do we go about Securing Network Functions Virtualization NFV?
Southbound interface Critical Criteria:
Study Southbound interface results and separate what are the business goals Southbound interface is aiming to achieve.
– Is maximizing Network Functions Virtualization NFV protection the same as minimizing Network Functions Virtualization NFV loss?
– Is Network Functions Virtualization NFV Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Systems integrator Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Systems integrator tasks and adjust implementation of Systems integrator.
– Will Network Functions Virtualization NFV have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Is the Network Functions Virtualization NFV organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– What are the long-term Network Functions Virtualization NFV goals?
Virtual machines Critical Criteria:
Boost Virtual machines planning and report on developing an effective Virtual machines strategy.
– An administrator is concerned about denial of service attacks on their virtual machines (vms). what is an effective method to reduce the risk of this type of attack?
– What types of resources (e.g., virtual machines, storage space, development environments) does the provider offer as part of each of its service models?
– How many virtual machines are to be protected by the disaster recovery solution?
– Is Network Functions Virtualization NFV Required?
Virtualization engine Critical Criteria:
Scan Virtualization engine projects and point out Virtualization engine tensions in leadership.
– How do we know that any Network Functions Virtualization NFV analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Network Functions Virtualization NFV requirements in detail?
– What vendors make products that address the Network Functions Virtualization NFV needs?
White paper Critical Criteria:
Debate over White paper outcomes and look for lots of ideas.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Network Functions Virtualization NFV? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Network Functions Virtualization NFV objectives?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Network Functions Virtualization NFV Self Assessment:
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information: