What is involved in Lean Mapping
Find out what the related areas are that Lean Mapping connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Lean Mapping thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Lean Mapping journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Lean Mapping leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Lean Mapping related domains to cover and 94 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Lean Mapping, Value stream mapping, Business process mapping, Control plan, Design of experiments, Failure mode and effects analysis, Forrester effect mapping, Information and Software Technology, Kaizen, Multi-vari chart, Operations management, Pareto chart, Poka-yoke, Process capability, Product development, Project charter, Quality filter mapping, Root cause analysis, Shigeo Shingo, Six Sigma, Statistical process control, Supply chain responsiveness matrix, Toyota, Value chain, Value stream mapping software, Voice of the customer:
Lean Mapping Critical Criteria:
Categorize Lean Mapping governance and plan concise Lean Mapping education.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Lean Mapping process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Lean Mapping process available?
– What are the key elements of your Lean Mapping performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Lean Mapping process?
Value stream mapping Critical Criteria:
Adapt Value stream mapping tactics and look in other fields.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Lean Mapping in a volatile global economy?
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Lean Mapping models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Lean Mapping products are done in a way that ensures safety?
Business process mapping Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Business process mapping tactics and be persistent.
– How do we measure improved Lean Mapping service perception, and satisfaction?
– What is our formula for success in Lean Mapping ?
– What is Effective Lean Mapping?
Control plan Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Control plan engagements and stake your claim.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Lean Mapping? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Lean Mapping?
– What are the long-term Lean Mapping goals?
Design of experiments Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Design of experiments governance and find answers.
– Which customers cant participate in our Lean Mapping domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Is the Lean Mapping organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Think of your Lean Mapping project. what are the main functions?
Failure mode and effects analysis Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Failure mode and effects analysis leadership and devote time assessing Failure mode and effects analysis and its risk.
– Do those selected for the Lean Mapping team have a good general understanding of what Lean Mapping is all about?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Lean Mapping processes of our organization?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Lean Mapping ?
Forrester effect mapping Critical Criteria:
Gauge Forrester effect mapping adoptions and raise human resource and employment practices for Forrester effect mapping.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Lean Mapping project?
– Does the Lean Mapping task fit the clients priorities?
– What are specific Lean Mapping Rules to follow?
Information and Software Technology Critical Criteria:
Review Information and Software Technology quality and plan concise Information and Software Technology education.
– Is Lean Mapping dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Lean Mapping activities?
Kaizen Critical Criteria:
Jump start Kaizen risks and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Lean Mapping delivery for example is new software needed?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Lean Mapping project manager?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Lean Mapping objectives?
Multi-vari chart Critical Criteria:
See the value of Multi-vari chart strategies and test out new things.
– In the case of a Lean Mapping project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Lean Mapping project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Lean Mapping project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– What are the disruptive Lean Mapping technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Lean Mapping?
Operations management Critical Criteria:
Examine Operations management management and probe the present value of growth of Operations management.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Lean Mapping? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What are the most important capabilities we consider when evaluating asset and Service Management providers?
– Do we have a high level of process automation connecting our asset and Service Management?
– What business benefits will Lean Mapping goals deliver if achieved?
– Do you have a single view into it Service Management?
– Is our company developing its Human Resources?
Pareto chart Critical Criteria:
Debate over Pareto chart engagements and know what your objective is.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Lean Mapping services/products?
– How do we go about Securing Lean Mapping?
Poka-yoke Critical Criteria:
Gauge Poka-yoke goals and catalog what business benefits will Poka-yoke goals deliver if achieved.
– For your Lean Mapping project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Lean Mapping activities?
– Who sets the Lean Mapping standards?
Process capability Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Process capability management and tour deciding if Process capability progress is made.
– What are the usability implications of Lean Mapping actions?
– How do we maintain Lean Mappings Integrity?
Product development Critical Criteria:
Derive from Product development management and balance specific methods for improving Product development results.
– A dramatic step toward becoming a learning organization is to appoint a chief training officer (CTO) or a chief learning officer (CLO). Many organizations claim to value Human Resources, but how many have a Human Resources representative involved in discussions about research and development commercialization, new product development, the strategic vision of the company, or increasing shareholder value?
– The owner of the product development processes in one of the companies stated: there are no product managers named in the company, what should they do?
– What can we do to ensure that all the necessary product development steps are adequately followed under the pressure of being first to market?
– Compare sequential product development and simultaneous product development. what are the advantages and disadvantages of each approach?
– Will Lean Mapping have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Project type: what percent of resources should go to new product developments?
– What are we trying to do whilst progressing a product development lifecycle ?
– How should you most effectively invest your product development resources?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Lean Mapping?
– Which step in new product development you think is the most important?
– Do you collaborate with customers for product development and/or innovation?
– Do you collaborate with customers for product development andor innovation?
– What are all of our Lean Mapping domains and what do they do?
– What are the steps in the new product development process?
– How can new product development be sped up?
Project charter Critical Criteria:
Examine Project charter risks and display thorough understanding of the Project charter process.
– Think about the functions involved in your Lean Mapping project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Lean Mapping?
Quality filter mapping Critical Criteria:
Grade Quality filter mapping planning and secure Quality filter mapping creativity.
– How important is Lean Mapping to the user organizations mission?
– Will Lean Mapping deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Root cause analysis Critical Criteria:
Define Root cause analysis projects and improve Root cause analysis service perception.
– Is there a Lean Mapping Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Do we do Root Cause Analysis?
– What is our Lean Mapping Strategy?
Shigeo Shingo Critical Criteria:
Examine Shigeo Shingo issues and check on ways to get started with Shigeo Shingo.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Lean Mapping requirements in detail?
Six Sigma Critical Criteria:
Learn from Six Sigma failures and summarize a clear Six Sigma focus.
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– How do we Improve Lean Mapping service perception, and satisfaction?
– How is lean six sigma different from TOGAF architecture?
– Does our organization need more Lean Mapping education?
– What about Lean Mapping Analysis of results?
Statistical process control Critical Criteria:
Deduce Statistical process control leadership and cater for concise Statistical process control education.
– Does Lean Mapping create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Are Acceptance Sampling and Statistical Process Control Complementary or Incompatible?
– How can we improve Lean Mapping?
Supply chain responsiveness matrix Critical Criteria:
Think about Supply chain responsiveness matrix governance and define Supply chain responsiveness matrix competency-based leadership.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Lean Mapping product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Lean Mapping strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
Toyota Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Toyota governance and acquire concise Toyota education.
– Toyota is the role model and the most highly developed example of the potency of systems thinking and action learning in its broadest sense. but why, if the tps is so successful, is toyota along with its circle of suppliers still almost the lone manufacturing example?
– Agile project management with Scrum derives from best business practices in companies like Fuji-Xerox, Honda, Canon, and Toyota. Toyota routinely achieves four times the productivity and 12 times the quality of competitors. Can Scrum do the same for globally distributed teams?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Lean Mapping strengthening and reform actually originate?
Value chain Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Value chain strategies and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Value chain results.
– When a Lean Mapping manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Are accountability and ownership for Lean Mapping clearly defined?
Value stream mapping software Critical Criteria:
Study Value stream mapping software outcomes and explore and align the progress in Value stream mapping software.
– How do we know that any Lean Mapping analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Voice of the customer Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Voice of the customer failures and devote time assessing Voice of the customer and its risk.
– Are assumptions made in Lean Mapping stated explicitly?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Lean Mapping Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Lean Mapping External links:
lean mapping | FDA Voice
Lean Mapping and Standard Work – Collin College
Value stream mapping External links:
Value Stream Mapping Excel | Value Stream Map – QI Macros
Value Stream Mapping – Page 2 – Hash Management …
Value Stream Mapping Solution | ConceptDraw.com
Business process mapping External links:
Essential Guide to Business Process Mapping | Smartsheet
Business Process Mapping Examples
What is Business Process Mapping? – OnTask
Control plan External links:
[PDF]Exposure Control Plan for Bloodborne Pathogens
[PDF]CHAPTER 7 QUALITY CONTROL PLAN – HUD.gov / …
Snow and ice control plan | City of Lexington
Design of experiments External links:
[PDF]Statistical Design of Experiments
Design of Experiments – AbeBooks
Failure mode and effects analysis External links:
[PDF]FAILURE MODE AND EFFECTS ANALYSIS (FMEA)
FMEA | Failure Mode and Effects Analysis | Quality-One
[PDF]Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
Information and Software Technology External links:
Information and Software Technology – Journal – Elsevier
Information and Software Technology Journal – Home | …
Multi-vari chart External links:
ASQ: The Multi-Vari Chart: An Underutilized Quality Tool
Multi-Vari Chart – Enna.com
Multi-Vari Chart and Analysis Book – M/PCpS
Operations management External links:
Operations Management Software | Dude Solutions
PagerDuty | Digital Operations Management Platform
Pareto chart External links:
Pareto Chart – IHI
Pareto Chart in Excel – EASY Excel Tutorial
Pareto Chart Analysis (Pareto Diagram) | ASQ
Poka-yoke External links:
Poka-Yoke, Mistake Proofing – Creative Safety Supply
Process capability External links:
[PDF]PROCESS CAPABILITY (SPC) Section 4 – Powers and …
http://supplier.powersandsonsllc.com/Section 4 – Process Capability (SPC).pdf
[PPT]Process Capability – Georgia State University
Product development External links:
352 Inc – Digital Product Development and Marketing Agency
New Product Development Center
Invention Design, Product Development & Licensing | Enhance
Project charter External links:
What Is a Project Charter? Steering Your Project to Success
3.5.1 The Agile Project Charter | Project Resources
Project Charter – Template & Example – GoLeanSixSigma.com
Quality filter mapping External links:
Quality filter mapping – Rediff Pages
Quality filter mapping – revolvy.com
https://www.revolvy.com/main/index.php?s=Quality filter mapping
Root cause analysis External links:
Root Cause Analysis – VA National Center for Patient Safety
Root Cause Analysis | AHRQ Patient Safety Network
Online Root Cause Analysis Toolkit – Minnesota Dept. of Health
Shigeo Shingo External links:
Grand-Daddy of Quality: Shigeo Shingo – goleansixsigma.com
13 Invaluable Shigeo Shingo Quotes – BrandonGaille.com
Shigeo Shingo Quotes – Lean Six Sigma Belgium
Six Sigma External links:
Online Lean and Six Sigma Training Videos | Gemba Academy
Lean and Six Sigma Solutions | ASQ
Lean Six Sigma Training & Certification – …
Statistical process control External links:
Statistical Process Control – C Chart
Statistical Process Control – ethiostandards.org
What is SPC – Statistical Process Control? | InfinityQS
Toyota External links:
Welcome to Toyota Fleet | Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A., Inc.
Southeast Toyota Finance
Value chain External links:
[DOC]Value Chain Analysis – California State University, …
Value stream mapping software External links:
Value Stream Mapping Software | Minitab
Free Value Stream Mapping Software – Profit Surge
Value Stream Mapping Software | BreezeTree
Voice of the customer External links:
iPerceptions | Full-Service Voice of the Customer solutions
VOC – Voice of the Customer Programs with SurveyGizmo
Voice of the Customer Technology of the Future | Qualtrics