What is involved in GLPI
Find out what the related areas are that GLPI connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a GLPI thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its GLPI journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward GLPI leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which GLPI related domains to cover and 126 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
GLPI, Application software, Comma-separated values, Comparison of help desk issue tracking software, Comparison of ticket-tracking systems, Computing platform, Free software, GNU General Public License, Help desk software, IT Asset Management, Information system, Issue tracking system, OCS Inventory, Open source technology, Portable Network Graphics, Project Management, Service desk, Software categories, Software developer, Software license, Software release life cycle, Technology roadmap:
GLPI Critical Criteria:
Give examples of GLPI governance and track iterative GLPI results.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your GLPI project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What is the total cost related to deploying GLPI, including any consulting or professional services?
– What are the barriers to increased GLPI production?
Application software Critical Criteria:
Match Application software decisions and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Application software.
– How do you manage the new access devices using their own new application software?
– Is the process effectively supported by the legacy application software?
– Does our organization need more GLPI education?
– How is the value delivered by GLPI being measured?
– Does GLPI appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Comma-separated values Critical Criteria:
Adapt Comma-separated values risks and sort Comma-separated values activities.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of GLPI moving forward?
– How can we improve GLPI?
Comparison of help desk issue tracking software Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Comparison of help desk issue tracking software leadership and budget for Comparison of help desk issue tracking software challenges.
– Is GLPI Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– What is the purpose of GLPI in relation to the mission?
– What is our formula for success in GLPI ?
Comparison of ticket-tracking systems Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Comparison of ticket-tracking systems failures and don’t overlook the obvious.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective GLPI leader?
– Are accountability and ownership for GLPI clearly defined?
– Are assumptions made in GLPI stated explicitly?
Computing platform Critical Criteria:
Model after Computing platform planning and find out.
– How important is GLPI to the user organizations mission?
– What is Effective GLPI?
Free software Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Free software goals and develop and take control of the Free software initiative.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent GLPI services/products?
– Do we all define GLPI in the same way?
GNU General Public License Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize GNU General Public License quality and find the essential reading for GNU General Public License researchers.
– What are our best practices for minimizing GLPI project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the GLPI project lifecycle?
– Does GLPI analysis show the relationships among important GLPI factors?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom GLPI project?
Help desk software Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Help desk software leadership and give examples utilizing a core of simple Help desk software skills.
– Do we monitor the GLPI decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Are there GLPI problems defined?
IT Asset Management Critical Criteria:
Learn from IT Asset Management outcomes and sort IT Asset Management activities.
– Deciding what level of hardware in the system is a decision process such as: is the cost or risk of loss with a usb cable, a tablet or a mouse sufficient to require tracking? Have we decided on the detail level?
– What are our key differences between ITAM IT asset management and ITSM IT service management?
– Are you managing the business side of asset management to maximize the assets you own?
– What is your it asset management program. is it manual or automated (which vendor)?
– What processes do we have in place to harvest licenses from disposed hardware?
– What is our policy around the distribution of software?
– What happens with your retired or disposed of assets?
– What assets benefit from the discipline of itam?
– Game of hide and seek at your organization?
– Who can authorize and approve changes?
– Have your assets gone into hiding?
– What is currently being used/done?
– What, though, is asset management?
– How about your mobile assets?
– Why do it asset management?
– What is the configuration?
– Who/what depends on it?
– What do it staff need?
– Should we manage?
– Who is using it?
Information system Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Information system governance and budget for Information system challenges.
– Have we developed a continuous monitoring strategy for the information systems (including monitoring of security control effectiveness for system-specific, hybrid, and common controls) that reflects the organizational Risk Management strategy and organizational commitment to protecting critical missions and business functions?
– On what terms should a manager of information systems evolution and maintenance provide service and support to the customers of information systems evolution and maintenance?
– Has your organization conducted a cyber risk or vulnerability assessment of its information systems, control systems, and other networked systems?
– Are information security events and weaknesses associated with information systems communicated in a manner to allow timely corrective action to be taken?
– Would an information systems (is) group with more knowledge about a data production process produce better quality data for data consumers?
– Are information systems and the services of information systems things of value that have suppliers and customers?
– What does the customer get from the information systems performance, and on what does that depend, and when?
– Why Learn About Security, Privacy, and Ethical Issues in Information Systems and the Internet?
– What are information systems, and who are the stakeholders in the information systems game?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting GLPI with what users do day-to-day?
– How secure -well protected against potential risks is the information system ?
– Do the GLPI decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Is unauthorized access to information held in information systems prevented?
– What does integrity ensure in an information system?
– Is authorized user access to information systems ensured?
– How are our information systems developed ?
– Is security an integral part of information systems?
– What are internal and external GLPI relations?
Issue tracking system Critical Criteria:
Shape Issue tracking system planning and oversee Issue tracking system requirements.
– what is the best design framework for GLPI organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– How do we Lead with GLPI in Mind?
OCS Inventory Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for OCS Inventory risks and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough OCS Inventory results.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for GLPI strengthening and reform actually originate?
Open source technology Critical Criteria:
Mine Open source technology projects and budget for Open source technology challenges.
– How will you know that the GLPI project has been successful?
– What are the business goals GLPI is aiming to achieve?
Portable Network Graphics Critical Criteria:
Own Portable Network Graphics visions and oversee Portable Network Graphics management by competencies.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the GLPI process?
– What is our GLPI Strategy?
Project Management Critical Criteria:
Talk about Project Management projects and create a map for yourself.
– Partial solutions can only be used if the information support is being developed for a process that has not yet been computerised. Namely, if users already use an old IT solution – will they partly use the old one and partly the new one?
– Are there contextual conditions, such as the size of the project or nature of the task, that signal a better fit for agile versus traditional project management approaches?
– What are the key considerations and decisions that must be made to ensure your project management office is appropriate for your organization?
– Which existing processes, tools and templates for executing projects can be applied to the agile project management framework?
– Exactly how does one go about adapting the agile project management model for collocated teams to virtual ones?
– So, if the project no longer needs a detailed master project plan, why does it need a project manager?
– To what extent are agile and traditional project management techniques mutually exclusive?
– Which individual role is responsible for all aspects of the delivery of the solution?
– Why should a client choose a project team which offers agile software development?
– Our project management standards do they support or undermine Risk Management?
– Will reporting methods be different for agile versus traditional projects?
– How do we create a culture that supports project management?
– Does your organization have a Project Management Office?
– What type of certificate will be awarded and by whom?
– What is the meaning of success in this context?
– What project management associations are you a member of?
– What project management certifications do you hold?
– What is Project Management?
– When does a project begin and end?
– How to Secure GLPI?
Service desk Critical Criteria:
Grade Service desk decisions and acquire concise Service desk education.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new GLPI in a volatile global economy?
– Will we be eligible for ISOIEC 20000 certification, even if our Service Desk, infrastructure management and applications management functions are located in different countries?
– In what ways are GLPI vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– How does mobility improve your organizations service desk effectiveness?
– Is the cloud service providers service desk local, onshore or offshore?
– Does the service provider have a service desk function based on ITIL principles?
– How does mobility improve your organizations service desk effectiveness?
– Is the cloud service providers service desk local, onshore or offshore?
– Are You Running Your Service Desk or is Your Service Desk Running You?
– What are valid performance indicators for the service desk?
– Which incidents should be logged by the service desk?
– Why is GLPI important for you now?
– Why a service desk?
Software categories Critical Criteria:
Detail Software categories projects and tour deciding if Software categories progress is made.
– Is the GLPI organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– What are all of our GLPI domains and what do they do?
– Is the scope of GLPI defined?
Software developer Critical Criteria:
Boost Software developer adoptions and innovate what needs to be done with Software developer.
– Pick an experienced Unix software developer, show him all the algorithms and ask him which one he likes the best?
– Will GLPI have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations GLPI values?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing GLPI?
Software license Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Software license strategies and give examples utilizing a core of simple Software license skills.
– Consider your own GLPI project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– What implementation technologies/resources (e.g., programming languages, development platforms, software licenses) does the provider support?
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your GLPI processes?
– Is our software usage in compliance with software license agreements?
– Which GLPI goals are the most important?
Software release life cycle Critical Criteria:
Depict Software release life cycle issues and balance specific methods for improving Software release life cycle results.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether GLPI goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
Technology roadmap Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Technology roadmap decisions and find out.
– How do we ensure that implementations of GLPI products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Are there recognized GLPI problems?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the GLPI Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Application software External links:
wiTECH Diagnostic Application Software Download – …
What is Application Software? – Definition from …
What is Application Software & Its Types | eduCBA
Comparison of help desk issue tracking software External links:
Comparison of Help Desk Issue Tracking Software – …
Computing platform External links:
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Nutanix Xtreme Computing Platform NX-1365-G5 – CDW.com
http://www.cdw.com › … › Storage Networking/SAN Software
Is Dropbox considered a cloud computing platform? – …
Free software External links:
Paint.NET – Free Software for Digital Photo Editing
How to download free software from Windows 8 app store
FileHippo – Downloads Free Software
GNU General Public License External links:
GNU General Public License v2.0 | Choose a License
GNU General Public License v3.0 | Choose a License
GNU General Public License | Open Source Initiative
Help desk software External links:
SysAid Help Desk Software – Philadelphia
The Leader in Help Desk Software | Zendesk
Best Help Desk Software – 2018 Reviews, Pricing & Demos
IT Asset Management External links:
IT Asset Management & Electronics Recycling Solutions – ECS
IAITAM Certifications in IT Asset Management – ITAM
Electronics Recycling & IT Asset Management | METech Recycling
Information system External links:
South Carolina Career Information System | Home
Offender Tracking Information System (OTIS)
Buildings Information System
Issue tracking system External links:
Log in – MicroPact Issue Tracking System
Log in – Autodesk Localization Services Issue Tracking System
Log in – Ramco Issue Tracking System
OCS Inventory External links:
GitHub – OCSInventory-NG/WindowsAgent: OCS Inventory …
OCS Inventory – Cyient
OCS Inventory (@OcsInventory) | Twitter
Open source technology External links:
01.org | Intel Open Source Technology Center
Support for Linux and open source technology in Azure
What is Open Source Technology? – Bright Hub
Portable Network Graphics External links:
PNG=Portable Network Graphics Flashcards | Quizlet
Portable Network Graphics – Download.com
Project Management External links:
Certifications | Project Management Institute
Project Management Institute – Official Site
PMI-Project Management Institute
Service desk External links:
IT Service Desk Live Chat – Delta Air Lines
CUNA Service Desk
Software categories External links:
Browse All Software Categories – FinancesOnline.com
The Software Categories Guide: What Work Apps Do – Zapier
Software developer External links:
Software Developer | Internal Revenue Service
Software Developer – Department of Revenue
Software Developer Specifications for Form WT-7 …
Software license External links:
QuickBooks Terms of Service & Software License …
[PDF]2016 Drake Software License and Non-Disclosure …
Software release life cycle External links:
Software Release Life Cycle – Quora
SCFT-Training v 10.0 | Login | Software Release Life Cycle
Skill Pages – Software release life cycle | Dice.com
Technology roadmap External links:
Log In to LOCUS: Technology Roadmap: Loyola University Chicago
Free Technology Roadmap Templates | Smartsheet
Three Example Technology Roadmap Templates