What is involved in Network Functions Virtualization NFV
Find out what the related areas are that Network Functions Virtualization NFV connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Network Functions Virtualization NFV thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Network Functions Virtualization NFV journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Network Functions Virtualization NFV leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Network Functions Virtualization NFV related domains to cover and 152 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Network Functions Virtualization NFV, Network function virtualization, Application-specific integrated circuit, Carrier grade, Certes Networks, Cloud computing, Content delivery network, Cyan, Inc., Darmstadt, Germany, Data link layer, European Telecommunications Standards Institute, Google Talk, Hardware virtualization, High availability, IP Multimedia Subsystem, Intrusion detection system, Load balancing, Mobile base station, Network architecture, Network interface device, Network layer, Network management, Network node, Network virtualization, Northbound interface, OASIS TOSCA, Open Platform for NFV, Open vSwitch, Platform as a service, Proof of concept, RAD Data Communications, Session border controller, Shortest Path Bridging, Software-defined networking, Southbound interface, Systems integrator, Virtual machines, Virtualization engine, White paper:
Network Functions Virtualization NFV Critical Criteria:
Grasp Network Functions Virtualization NFV visions and adopt an insight outlook.
– What are the disruptive Network Functions Virtualization NFV technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Network Functions Virtualization NFV?
– Have all basic functions of Network Functions Virtualization NFV been defined?
Network function virtualization Critical Criteria:
Check Network function virtualization projects and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Network function virtualization results.
– In the case of a Network Functions Virtualization NFV project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Network Functions Virtualization NFV project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Network Functions Virtualization NFV project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– what is the best design framework for Network Functions Virtualization NFV organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Network Functions Virtualization NFV processes of our organization?
Application-specific integrated circuit Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Application-specific integrated circuit planning and proactively manage Application-specific integrated circuit risks.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Network Functions Virtualization NFV information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– How do we manage Network Functions Virtualization NFV Knowledge Management (KM)?
– How will you measure your Network Functions Virtualization NFV effectiveness?
Carrier grade Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Carrier grade leadership and devise Carrier grade key steps.
– How do we go about Comparing Network Functions Virtualization NFV approaches/solutions?
– What are the short and long-term Network Functions Virtualization NFV goals?
Certes Networks Critical Criteria:
Focus on Certes Networks issues and get out your magnifying glass.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Network Functions Virtualization NFV?
– Among the Network Functions Virtualization NFV product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Cloud computing tasks and change contexts.
– How might we classify current cloud computing offerings across a spectrum, and how do the technical and business challenges differ depending on where in the spectrum a particular offering lies?
– Governance: Is there a governance structure to ensure that PII is managed and protected through its life cycle, even when it is stored or processed in a cloud computing environment?
– What impact has emerging technology (e.g., cloud computing, virtualization and mobile computing) had on your companys ITRM program over the past 12 months?
– Change in technology and prices over time: what will billing units be like for the higher-level virtualization clouds?
– What is the security gap between private cloud cloud computing versus client server computing architectures?
– What does it take to become a cloud computing provider, and why would a company consider becoming one?
– How can a small cloud computing consultancy take advantage of the Federal Cloud Computing Strategy?
– Do we require that confidential information in the cloud be stored within the united states?
– What challenges and opportunities does cloud computing present for IT service management ?
– What makes cloud computing well suited for supply chain management applications?
– What challenges and opportunities does cloud computing present for IT Service Management ?
– Is there any application left that does not talk to at least one of its fellows?
– What are the ways in which cloud computing and big data can work together?
– What are the security issues around cloud computing?
– Which is better for business open or closed clouds?
– How do you prepare your data center for Cloud?
– Can we accelerate DevOps with Hybrid Cloud?
– How technically mature is the standard?
– Will database virtualization take off?
– Fedramp approved / compliant?
Content delivery network Critical Criteria:
Rank Content delivery network results and report on the economics of relationships managing Content delivery network and constraints.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Network Functions Virtualization NFV project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Network Functions Virtualization NFV project lifecycle?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Network Functions Virtualization NFV project?
– How do we maintain Network Functions Virtualization NFVs Integrity?
Cyan, Inc. Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Cyan, Inc. strategies and look for lots of ideas.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Network Functions Virtualization NFV process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Network Functions Virtualization NFV process available?
– Consider your own Network Functions Virtualization NFV project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Why are Network Functions Virtualization NFV skills important?
Darmstadt, Germany Critical Criteria:
Explore Darmstadt, Germany leadership and explain and analyze the challenges of Darmstadt, Germany.
– How will you know that the Network Functions Virtualization NFV project has been successful?
– What are the usability implications of Network Functions Virtualization NFV actions?
Data link layer Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Data link layer issues and interpret which customers can’t participate in Data link layer because they lack skills.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Network Functions Virtualization NFV models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Do we have past Network Functions Virtualization NFV Successes?
European Telecommunications Standards Institute Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on European Telecommunications Standards Institute adoptions and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in European Telecommunications Standards Institute.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Network Functions Virtualization NFV with what users do day-to-day?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Network Functions Virtualization NFV study?
– Why is Network Functions Virtualization NFV important for you now?
Google Talk Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Google Talk failures and know what your objective is.
– Do we monitor the Network Functions Virtualization NFV decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– What is the source of the strategies for Network Functions Virtualization NFV strengthening and reform?
– What is Effective Network Functions Virtualization NFV?
Hardware virtualization Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Hardware virtualization risks and look at it backwards.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Network Functions Virtualization NFV? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Have you identified your Network Functions Virtualization NFV key performance indicators?
High availability Critical Criteria:
Sort High availability projects and visualize why should people listen to you regarding High availability.
– What are some of our practices for having application consistent snapshots across multiple persistent storage systems for disaster recovery and or high availability purposes?
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Network Functions Virtualization NFV processes?
– How can you negotiate Network Functions Virtualization NFV successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Should the deployment occur in high availability mode or should we configure in bypass mode?
– How can sdn be applied in the context of disaster recovery and high availability?
– Are our applications designed for high availability and disaster recovery?
– Is the application designed for high availability and disaster recovery?
IP Multimedia Subsystem Critical Criteria:
Have a session on IP Multimedia Subsystem strategies and find the ideas you already have.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Network Functions Virtualization NFV strengthening and reform actually originate?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Network Functions Virtualization NFV strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
Intrusion detection system Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Intrusion detection system quality and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Intrusion detection system is getting what it needs.
– Can intrusion detection systems be configured to ignore activity that is generated by authorized scanner operation?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Network Functions Virtualization NFV ?
– What are the business goals Network Functions Virtualization NFV is aiming to achieve?
– What is a limitation of a server-based intrusion detection system (ids)?
Load balancing Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Load balancing decisions and describe the risks of Load balancing sustainability.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Network Functions Virtualization NFV experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Network Functions Virtualization NFV process?
– What is a feature of dns server load balancing?
– What load balancing technique should we use?
Mobile base station Critical Criteria:
Adapt Mobile base station planning and oversee Mobile base station requirements.
– Can we do Network Functions Virtualization NFV without complex (expensive) analysis?
– What about Network Functions Virtualization NFV Analysis of results?
Network architecture Critical Criteria:
Generalize Network architecture tactics and finalize the present value of growth of Network architecture.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Network Functions Virtualization NFV leader?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Network Functions Virtualization NFV been identified and analyzed?
Network interface device Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Network interface device failures and separate what are the business goals Network interface device is aiming to achieve.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Network Functions Virtualization NFV objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Who needs to know about Network Functions Virtualization NFV ?
Network layer Critical Criteria:
Reason over Network layer strategies and report on setting up Network layer without losing ground.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Network Functions Virtualization NFV process?
– Is there any existing Network Functions Virtualization NFV governance structure?
– What threat is Network Functions Virtualization NFV addressing?
– What is Data Security at Network Layer?
Network management Critical Criteria:
Unify Network management failures and plan concise Network management education.
– Do we all define Network Functions Virtualization NFV in the same way?
Network node Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Network node risks and forecast involvement of future Network node projects in development.
– What is our formula for success in Network Functions Virtualization NFV ?
– Why should we adopt a Network Functions Virtualization NFV framework?
Network virtualization Critical Criteria:
Read up on Network virtualization leadership and point out improvements in Network virtualization.
– Are accountability and ownership for Network Functions Virtualization NFV clearly defined?
– Is the scope of Network Functions Virtualization NFV defined?
Northbound interface Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Northbound interface tactics and describe which business rules are needed as Northbound interface interface.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Network Functions Virtualization NFV processes?
– Is Supporting Network Functions Virtualization NFV documentation required?
OASIS TOSCA Critical Criteria:
Adapt OASIS TOSCA adoptions and maintain OASIS TOSCA for success.
– For your Network Functions Virtualization NFV project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
Open Platform for NFV Critical Criteria:
See the value of Open Platform for NFV management and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Open Platform for NFV.
– What are the key elements of your Network Functions Virtualization NFV performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Think of your Network Functions Virtualization NFV project. what are the main functions?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Network Functions Virtualization NFV move?
Open vSwitch Critical Criteria:
Shape Open vSwitch projects and gather practices for scaling Open vSwitch.
Platform as a service Critical Criteria:
Depict Platform as a service leadership and intervene in Platform as a service processes and leadership.
– To what extent does management recognize Network Functions Virtualization NFV as a tool to increase the results?
Proof of concept Critical Criteria:
Merge Proof of concept risks and point out improvements in Proof of concept.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Network Functions Virtualization NFV. How do we gain traction?
– Will a proof of concept support and create awareness of the power of the AWS cloud within the organization?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Network Functions Virtualization NFV forward?
– What is explored during the proof of concept phase for cloud adoption?
– Which applications can I immediately move after a proof of concept?
– What should a proof of concept or pilot accomplish?
RAD Data Communications Critical Criteria:
Talk about RAD Data Communications quality and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough RAD Data Communications results.
– Think about the functions involved in your Network Functions Virtualization NFV project. what processes flow from these functions?
– How do we Improve Network Functions Virtualization NFV service perception, and satisfaction?
– Are there Network Functions Virtualization NFV Models?
Session border controller Critical Criteria:
Jump start Session border controller engagements and gather practices for scaling Session border controller.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Network Functions Virtualization NFV project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– How would one define Network Functions Virtualization NFV leadership?
– Are there Network Functions Virtualization NFV problems defined?
Shortest Path Bridging Critical Criteria:
Explore Shortest Path Bridging engagements and finalize specific methods for Shortest Path Bridging acceptance.
Software-defined networking Critical Criteria:
Match Software-defined networking visions and finalize the present value of growth of Software-defined networking.
– Do the Network Functions Virtualization NFV decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– How do we go about Securing Network Functions Virtualization NFV?
Southbound interface Critical Criteria:
Study Southbound interface results and separate what are the business goals Southbound interface is aiming to achieve.
– Is maximizing Network Functions Virtualization NFV protection the same as minimizing Network Functions Virtualization NFV loss?
– Is Network Functions Virtualization NFV Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Systems integrator Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Systems integrator tasks and adjust implementation of Systems integrator.
– Will Network Functions Virtualization NFV have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Is the Network Functions Virtualization NFV organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– What are the long-term Network Functions Virtualization NFV goals?
Virtual machines Critical Criteria:
Boost Virtual machines planning and report on developing an effective Virtual machines strategy.
– An administrator is concerned about denial of service attacks on their virtual machines (vms). what is an effective method to reduce the risk of this type of attack?
– What types of resources (e.g., virtual machines, storage space, development environments) does the provider offer as part of each of its service models?
– How many virtual machines are to be protected by the disaster recovery solution?
– Is Network Functions Virtualization NFV Required?
Virtualization engine Critical Criteria:
Scan Virtualization engine projects and point out Virtualization engine tensions in leadership.
– How do we know that any Network Functions Virtualization NFV analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Network Functions Virtualization NFV requirements in detail?
– What vendors make products that address the Network Functions Virtualization NFV needs?
White paper Critical Criteria:
Debate over White paper outcomes and look for lots of ideas.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Network Functions Virtualization NFV? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Network Functions Virtualization NFV objectives?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Network Functions Virtualization NFV Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Network function virtualization External links:
What is Network Function Virtualization (NFV) – Ciena
[PDF]Introduction to Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
Carrier grade External links:
Carrier grade LPWAN.
CGRT Billing – Carrier Grade Realtime Billing for Freeswitch
Certes Networks External links:
15 Certes Networks reviews. A free inside look at company reviews and salaries posted anonymously by employees.
Certes Networks | Crunchbase
Zero Trust – Certes Networks
Cloud computing External links:
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
REAN Cloud – Managed Services | Cloud Computing | DevOps
Content delivery network External links:
Akamai – Content Delivery Network (CDN) & Cloud …
Global Content Delivery Network (CDN) Service | Cloudflare
Ramp: Enterprise Content Delivery Network (eCDN)
Cyan, Inc. External links:
[PDF]Cyan, Inc., ET AL, v. Beaver County Employees …
Cyan, Inc. v. Beaver County Employees’ Retirement Fund
Myst – Cyan, Inc. – Makers of Myst, Riven, and More
Darmstadt, Germany External links:
Darmstadt, Germany Forecast | Weather Underground
Worldwide Section | Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany
Company Section | Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany
Data link layer External links:
MAC Layer Explained: The Top Sublayer Of Data Link Layer
Data link layer: second layer in OSI model
L2CCNA1 Ch7 – Data Link Layer Flashcards | Quizlet
European Telecommunications Standards Institute External links:
ETSI-European Telecommunications Standards Institute
European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI)
ETSI – European Telecommunications Standards Institute
Google Talk External links:
How to Use Google Talk – YouTube
How to Set up a Google Talk Account: 9 Steps (with Pictures)
Google Talk for Developers | Google Developers
High availability External links:
High Availability Replication Software | EVault & DoubleTake
IP Multimedia Subsystem External links:
IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) – YouTube
What is a IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) | GENBAND
IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) Call Flows – EventHelix.com
Intrusion detection system External links:
Intrusion Detection System Design and Installation
Load balancing External links:
Light Wallet Servers / Load Balancing Service – IOTA Support
Peplink Load Balancing Enterprise Router series
Load Balancer | Load Balancing – KEMP Technologies
Mobile base station External links:
T&D RTR-500MBS-A Mobile Base Station – CAS DataLoggers
Network architecture External links:
LTE Network Architecture – tutorialspoint.com
Network interface device External links:
1G Network Interface Device – Model 9145E – Canoga
Telephone Network Interface Device – Tech-FAQ
Network layer External links:
OSI Model Reference Guide Network Layer Architecture
What is the Network Layer? – Definition from Techopedia
Network Layer: Chapter 6 Flashcards | Quizlet
Network management External links:
Network Management | Free Network Management …
LiveNX Simplify Network Management and Performance …
OSPINSIGHT – Fiber Optic Network Management
Network node External links:
[PDF]S2-NN-Exx-xx NetBox Network Node – …
[PDF]TONN8 Trend Open Network Node – …
Buy a HPE OpenView Network Node Manager i-series for Windows (v. 8.10) – media or other Software Media Kits & Documentation at CDW.com
Network virtualization External links:
Network Virtualization. Introduction – YouTube
VMware NSX : Network Virtualization and Security Platform
Northbound interface External links:
[MS-NCNBI]: Network Controller Northbound Interface
What is NORTHBOUND INTERFACE? What does …
Wireless Glossary – NBI (Northbound Interface)
OASIS TOSCA External links:
[PDF]OASIS TOSCA – OpenStack
Oasis Tosca DevOps Paris (Paris, France) | Meetup
Understanding OASIS TOSCA – YouTube
Open Platform for NFV External links:
Open Platform for NFV (OPNFV) – Google+ – plus.google.com
Open Platform for NFV (OPNFV) – YouTube
Open vSwitch External links:
VXLAN overlay networks with Open vSwitch – YouTube
Introduction to Open vSwitch (OVS) – YouTube
Platform as a service External links:
Cloud Application Development Platform as a Service …
What is PaaS? Platform as a Service | Microsoft Azure
Cloud Migration Platform as a Service | SaaS Platform
Proof of concept External links:
Proof of Concept Agreement | Pentaho
KBB Proof Of Concept reviews – Progarchives.com
What is a Proof of Concept (POC)? – Definition from Techopedia
RAD Data Communications External links:
Contact Us – RAD Data Communications
RAD Data Communications | Crunchbase
Products – RAD Data Communications
Session border controller External links:
Installing the 3CX SBC (Session Border Controller) for …
3CX Tunnel / 3CX Session Border Controller
[PDF]Avaya Session Border Controller for Enterprise 7.2 …
Shortest Path Bridging External links:
[PDF]Configuration — Shortest Path Bridging MAC (SPBM) …
Tutorial: IEEE 802.1aq Shortest Path Bridging – YouTube
Titan Networking – Shortest Path Bridging – YouTube
Software-defined networking External links:
Introduction to SDN (Software-defined Networking) – YouTube
Software-defined Networking (SDN) – Citrix
What is software-defined networking (SDN)? – …
Southbound interface External links:
Does SolarWinds have a southbound interface? |THWACK
Systems integrator External links:
AV Systems Integrator – Los Angeles & Orange County – Spinitar
Affinity Energy – Control Systems Integrator SCADA & EPMS
Neurilink | Leading Audio Visual Systems Integrator
Virtual machines External links:
Virtual machines (eBook, 2006) [WorldCat.org]
Virtual machines – Math – The University of Utah
Virtual Machines – MineOS – minecraft.codeemo.com
Virtualization engine External links:
Delphix Virtualization Engine – Delphix
White paper External links:
INDOOR AGRICULTURE WHITE PAPERS – Indoor Ag-Con
EMS White Paper – EMT Resources
[PDF]White paper – Decentraland