What is involved in Digital Transformation
Find out what the related areas are that Digital Transformation connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Digital Transformation thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Digital Transformation journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Digital Transformation leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Digital Transformation related domains to cover and 98 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Digital Transformation, Apple II, Big data, Binary number, Digital Single Market, Digital revolution, Digital technology, Digital transform, Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibniz, Health technology, Human society, IBM PC, Industrial Internet, Industry 4.0, Information age, Information revolution, Information society, Internet of Things, MIT Center for Digital Business, Machine to machine, McKinsey & Company, Performance management, Social change, World Economic Forum, World Wide Web:
Digital Transformation Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Digital Transformation results and document what potential Digital Transformation megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Digital Transformation project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Digital Transformation project lifecycle?
– What business benefits will Digital Transformation goals deliver if achieved?
Apple II Critical Criteria:
Shape Apple II failures and probe the present value of growth of Apple II.
– What are the barriers to increased Digital Transformation production?
– Does Digital Transformation appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Big data Critical Criteria:
Dissect Big data leadership and integrate design thinking in Big data innovation.
– New roles. Executives interested in leading a big data transition can start with two simple techniques. First, they can get in the habit of asking What do the data say?
– How we make effective use of the flood of data that will be produced will be a real big data challenge: should we keep it all or could we throw some away?
– Erp versus big data are the two philosophies of information architecture consistent complementary or in conflict with each other?
– Looking at hadoop big data in the rearview mirror, what would you have done differently after implementing a Data Lake?
– Looking at hadoop big data in the rearview mirror what would you have done differently after implementing a Data Lake?
– Technology Drivers – What were the primary technical challenges your organization faced?
– In which way does big data create, or is expected to create, value in the organization?
– What new definitions are needed to describe elements of new Big Data solutions?
– How does big data impact Data Quality and governance best practices?
– What new Security and Privacy challenge arise from new Big Data solutions?
– How can the benefits of Big Data collection and applications be measured?
– What is it that we don t know we don t know about the data?
– What happens if/when no longer need cognitive input?
– How to model context in a computational environment?
– What is tacit permission and approval, anyway?
– How much data might be lost to pruning?
– What is collecting all this data?
– What can it be used for?
– Who is collecting what?
Binary number Critical Criteria:
Rank Binary number planning and gather Binary number models .
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Digital Transformation services/products?
– Does Digital Transformation systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Does the Digital Transformation task fit the clients priorities?
Digital Single Market Critical Criteria:
Derive from Digital Single Market tasks and research ways can we become the Digital Single Market company that would put us out of business.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Digital Transformation product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Digital Transformation project manager?
– What are all of our Digital Transformation domains and what do they do?
Digital revolution Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Digital revolution failures and check on ways to get started with Digital revolution.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Digital Transformation. How do we gain traction?
– How is Business Intelligence affecting marketing decisions during the Digital Revolution?
– What are the business goals Digital Transformation is aiming to achieve?
Digital technology Critical Criteria:
Deduce Digital technology visions and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Digital technology decisions.
– Will Digital Transformation deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– How can you measure Digital Transformation in a systematic way?
Digital transform Critical Criteria:
Dissect Digital transform leadership and point out improvements in Digital transform.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Digital Transformation opportunities costing us money?
Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibniz Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibniz issues and sort Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibniz activities.
– Do we have past Digital Transformation Successes?
Health technology Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Health technology tasks and pay attention to the small things.
– What potential environmental factors impact the Digital Transformation effort?
– How important is Digital Transformation to the user organizations mission?
– How will you measure your Digital Transformation effectiveness?
Human society Critical Criteria:
Debate over Human society planning and sort Human society activities.
IBM PC Critical Criteria:
Group IBM PC quality and learn.
– What vendors make products that address the Digital Transformation needs?
– Are we Assessing Digital Transformation and Risk?
Industrial Internet Critical Criteria:
Depict Industrial Internet planning and report on developing an effective Industrial Internet strategy.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Digital Transformation project?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Digital Transformation processes?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Digital Transformation?
– Will IoT or industrial internet-of-things (iiot) be another bubble?
– Do we have industrial internet-of-things (iiot) on our radar?
Industry 4.0 Critical Criteria:
Define Industry 4.0 visions and learn.
– Which customers cant participate in our Digital Transformation domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Is Digital Transformation dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Are there recognized Digital Transformation problems?
Information age Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Information age planning and handle a jump-start course to Information age.
– How can you negotiate Digital Transformation successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– What are our Digital Transformation Processes?
Information revolution Critical Criteria:
Categorize Information revolution results and find answers.
– How can skill-level changes improve Digital Transformation?
– Is the scope of Digital Transformation defined?
Information society Critical Criteria:
Adapt Information society issues and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Information society.
– Think of your Digital Transformation project. what are the main functions?
Internet of Things Critical Criteria:
Focus on Internet of Things strategies and change contexts.
– Fog Computing is internet computing where the devices responsible for the computing surround us. Instead of having a data center where all of the processing and storage occurs, fog computing would allow us to bring the devices closer to us and these devices would be responsible for their own processing and storage. So how does this concept help us deal with the problems created by the IoT, and what benefits would this provide us that upgrading the cloud infrastructure couldnt?
– How to re-issue the secrete key to the device again in case of key leakage to third party?
– In the event the database is corrupted, to what level of currency must it be restored?
– What can a single chip embedded deep within a device do for the enterprise at large?
– Reliability: When the availability of the system is challenged, how does it respond?
– Can the Contractor equipment be modified, and if so, by other Contractors?
– What does the internet of things mean for the future of our industry?
– What are the reputation requirements of an Internet of objects?
– How will the main business actors of applications interact?
– What are some available APIs for the Internet of Things?
– What safeguard measures are in place to ensure security?
– Which functions need not be available at all times?
– Do you need to address end-user safety concerns?
– Where does the network need to be in 3-5 years?
– Does our security contain security theater?
– How can we implement Internet of things?
– How can we drive iot at every level?
– Do we have Things use cases?
– What is Disruptive with IoT?
– Will we find gold in iiot?
MIT Center for Digital Business Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about MIT Center for Digital Business outcomes and clarify ways to gain access to competitive MIT Center for Digital Business services.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Digital Transformation that make it risky?
Machine to machine Critical Criteria:
Boost Machine to machine leadership and oversee Machine to machine requirements.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Digital Transformation process?
– What are specific Digital Transformation Rules to follow?
– Are there Digital Transformation Models?
McKinsey & Company Critical Criteria:
Guard McKinsey & Company planning and get answers.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Digital Transformation delivery for example is new software needed?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Digital Transformation move?
– How do we Lead with Digital Transformation in Mind?
Performance management Critical Criteria:
Study Performance management projects and point out improvements in Performance management.
– How do employee selection and development practices, as well as staff performance management, well-being, motivation, satisfaction, and compensation, contribute to the growth of the organization?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Digital Transformation goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– What does good Customer Service actually mean?
– Why are Digital Transformation skills important?
Social change Critical Criteria:
Reason over Social change risks and slay a dragon.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Digital Transformation strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Digital Transformation process?
World Economic Forum Critical Criteria:
Nurse World Economic Forum strategies and explore and align the progress in World Economic Forum.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Digital Transformation project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Consider your own Digital Transformation project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Digital Transformation is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
World Wide Web Critical Criteria:
Give examples of World Wide Web outcomes and grade techniques for implementing World Wide Web controls.
– How do we manage Digital Transformation Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Is Supporting Digital Transformation documentation required?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Digital Transformation Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Digital Transformation External links:
Cloud Training That Drives Digital Transformation
Emtec Inc – IT Strategy & Consulting | Digital Transformation
Apple II External links:
Dutch Apple Cruises – The Dutch Apple II
20 Facts about Apple on the Apple II’s 40th Anniversary
Apple II Enthusiasts Public Group | Facebook
Big data External links:
Loudr: Big Data for Music Rights
Databricks – Making Big Data Simple
Big Data Partnership – Official Site
Binary number External links:
Convert 8bit binary number to BCD in VHDL – Stack Overflow
Binary Number System – Math Is Fun
binary number system | Definition & Facts | Britannica.com
Digital Single Market External links:
Digital Single Market Strategy: European Commission …
Digital Single Market | eBay Main Street
Digital Single Market – YouTube
Digital revolution External links:
Driverless cars: the digital revolution, part two
What is the Digital Revolution? – Definition from Techopedia
PACS A Guide to the Digital Revolution – X-RAY CE®
Digital technology External links:
Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.
Download – Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.
Digital Technology Trainings – NDAA Home
Digital transform External links:
Digital Transform (@TheDigitalTP) | Twitter
Digital Transform | After Effect Template Videohive – YouTube
Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibniz External links:
Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibniz – Stetson University
Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibniz by on Prezi
Health technology External links:
Health Technology Assessment | Washington State …
Digital Health Technology | Healthcare Provider Technology
Top 10 Health Technology Hazards for 2018
Human society External links:
Wilson County Human Society – Petfinder
IBM PC External links:
IBM PC Day | Holiday | Checkiday.com
IBM PC-DOS Old Collection – Internet Archive
Ascii table for IBM PC charset (CP437) – Ascii-Codes
Industrial Internet External links:
Industrial Internet Insights – GE Digital
Industry 4.0 External links:
“Industry 4.0” by Heiner Lasi, Peter Fettke et al.
Industry 4.0 Summit – discover the 4th industrial revolution
Industry 4.0 – Infosys
Information age External links:
About Information Age
Huddlestock | A financial network for the information age
Information Age Magazine
Information revolution External links:
Information Revolution Timeline by Nick Stoffel on Prezi
Information revolution (Book, 1983) [WorldCat.org]
Information society External links:
Information Society Project – Yale Law School
Treatment « Hemochromatosis Information Society
negis – Northeast Geographic Information Society
Internet of Things External links:
Internet of Things – Microsoft Internet of Things Blog
Internet of Things Examples and Customer Stories | Microsoft
MIT Center for Digital Business External links:
MIT Center for Digital Business – MIT Sloan Experts Blog
Machine to machine External links:
Machine to machine refers to direct communication between devices using any communications channel, including wired and wireless.
Machine to Machine | Verizon Wireless
McKinsey & Company External links:
McKinsey & Company (@McKinsey) | Twitter
India | McKinsey & Company
Performance management External links:
Employee Engagement & Performance Management Software | 15Five
Performance Management | PSU Office of Human Resources
Application Performance Management & Server …
Social change External links:
umkc.ihd – Partnerships for Effective Social Change
Social Change | About Us | Walden University
DoSomething.org | Volunteer for Social Change
World Economic Forum External links:
World Economic Forum – Official Site
[PDF]World Economic Forum Annual Meeting 2018 …
World Economic Forum – SourceWatch
World Wide Web External links:
HyperWar: World War II on the World Wide Web
IIS World Wide Web Publishing Service (W3SVC)
World Wide Web Consortium – Official Site