What is involved in Team Building
Find out what the related areas are that Team Building connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Team Building thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Team Building journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Team Building leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Team Building related domains to cover and 136 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Team Building, Action planning, Affect, Business process, Cognitive behavioral therapy, Communication, Critical thinking, Employee engagement, Experiential learning, Facilitation, Group development, Industrial and organizational psychology, Leadership development, Maslow’s hierarchy of needs, Millennials, Negative affect, Nonverbal communication, Organization development, Performance appraisal, Personal development, Ramification problem, Socionics, Supervisory rating, Team effectiveness, Team management, Teamwork, Workplace politics:
Team Building Critical Criteria:
Jump start Team Building failures and get out your magnifying glass.
– Are there project management practices that remain constant across traditional, hybrid, and agile approaches (e.g., Risk Management, stakeholder management, team building)?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Team Building process?
– Have all basic functions of Team Building been defined?
– What are the components of team building?
– Is the scope of Team Building defined?
Action planning Critical Criteria:
Value Action planning planning and check on ways to get started with Action planning.
– In what ways are Team Building vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Do we monitor the Team Building decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
Affect Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Affect results and develop and take control of the Affect initiative.
– Are we a listed company, if so ask ourselves this: Disaster recovery planning, or its lack, will affect a companys equity position. why buy stock in a company that will disappear should the data center go down?
– Is all equipment that can affect the results of calibrations calibrated and/or verified before being used to calibrate M&TE?
– Could you lose your service when an investigation into data loss of another customer starts to affect your privacy and data?
– Which services does the ITSM investment affect, and how does that fit with the business strategy and priorities?
– Is your organizations business affected by regulatory restrictions on data/servers localisation requirements?
– How is Business Intelligence affecting marketing decisions during the Digital Revolution?
– How much does the level of staff performance affect the operative and financial results?
– Do the Number of Deal Items and Size of Deal Discounts Affect Store Performance?
– Do local neighborhoods or regional factors affect categories and products?
– How does improper or incomplete documentation affect disciplinary actions?
– What is going on outside and inside that might affect future operations?
– Can we answer questions like: What else will be affected by the change?
– How long does it take to identify that which users are affected and how severely?
– Key customers and/or suppliers will be affected by the disaster?
– How would a cyber attack affect our reputation and brand?
– Does customer knowledge affect how loyalty is formed?
– How fast can we affect the environment based on what we see?
– How will changes affect the customers services?
– How will changes affect the customers services?
Business process Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Business process failures and interpret which customers can’t participate in Business process because they lack skills.
– Have the segments, goals and performance objectives been translated into an actionable and realistic target business and information architecture expressed within business functions, business processes, and information requirements?
– Have senior executives clearly identified and explained concerns regarding Customer Service issues and other change drivers, and emphasized that major improvements are imperative?
– To what extent will this product open up for subsequent add-on products, e.g. business process outsourcing services built on top of a program-as-a-service offering?
– What is the importance of knowing the key performance indicators KPIs for a business process when trying to implement a business intelligence system?
– Has business process Cybersecurity has been included in continuity of operations plans for areas such as customer data, billing, etc.?
– Are interruptions to business activities counteracted and critical business processes protected from the effects of major failures or disasters?
– If we process purchase orders; what is the desired business process around supporting purchase orders?
– To satisfy customers and stakeholders, which internal business process must we excel in?
– What would Eligible entity be asked to do to facilitate your normal business process?
– Do changes in business processes fall under the scope of change management?
– What business process supports the entry and validation of the data?
– How do we improve business processes and how do we deliver on that?
– What core business processes drive our industry and channel today?
– On what basis would you decide to redesign a business process?
– How will business process and behavioral change be managed?
– Do we all define Team Building in the same way?
Cognitive behavioral therapy Critical Criteria:
Model after Cognitive behavioral therapy tactics and oversee Cognitive behavioral therapy management by competencies.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Team Building process?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Team Building move?
– Does the Team Building task fit the clients priorities?
Communication Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Communication planning and proactively manage Communication risks.
– One day; you may be the victim of a data breach and need to answer questions from customers and the press immediately. Are you ready for each possible scenario; have you decided on a communication plan that reduces the impact on your support team while giving the most accurate information to the data subjects? Who is your company spokesperson and will you be ready even if the breach becomes public out of usual office hours?
– How do your measurements capture actionable Team Building information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Does your Cybersecurity plan include alternative methods for meeting critical functional responsibilities in the absence of IT or communication technology?
– How do we begin to approach our marketing opportunities from an integrated marketing communications standpoint?
– How do selective attention, selective distortion, and selective retention apply to this advertising message?
– Are secure, encrypted communications used for remote administration of production systems and applications?
– Product is used in the storyboard. if it comes in more than one size or color, which should be featured?
– How are you going to ensure that your communications (external and internal) will be on brand?
– Does the plan deliver on the most important goals set forth in the media objectives?
– What is most important and will help us best achieve the marketing objective?
– Are communications and control networks jointly or separately protected?
– Is one-way communication sufficient, or do we need two-way mechanisms?
– Does your data governance organization have a communications plan?
– Does the current CRM support communication of Tier 3 requests?
– Based on your project communication management plan, what worked well?
– How do we encourage consumer participation on web sites?
– Are we sure the target audience is watching?
– How will the promotion get to the consumer?
– Who are your target audiences?
Critical thinking Critical Criteria:
Confer re Critical thinking adoptions and budget for Critical thinking challenges.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Team Building process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Team Building process available?
– What are the usability implications of Team Building actions?
– Which Team Building goals are the most important?
Employee engagement Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Employee engagement planning and intervene in Employee engagement processes and leadership.
– Troubleshooting – are problems related to what is actually changing (the change), to the management of tasks and resources to make the change happen (project management) or to issues relating to employee engagement, buy-in and resistance (Change Management)?
– What role can internal branding and employee engagement play in creating a positive brand experience?
– Does Team Building create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Do the drivers of employee engagement differ significantly in different regions of the world?
– Did a newly introduced employee benefit have a positive effect on employee engagement?
– What specific factors are most associated with higher employee engagement?
– Which managerial competencies foster higher levels of employee engagement?
– Why is employee engagement higher for some job functions than for others?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Team Building Management?
– Should we even be focusing on employee engagement?
Experiential learning Critical Criteria:
Steer Experiential learning tactics and budget for Experiential learning challenges.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Team Building ?
– Who will provide the final approval of Team Building deliverables?
Facilitation Critical Criteria:
Look at Facilitation engagements and ask questions.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Team Building strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Among the Team Building product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
Group development Critical Criteria:
Participate in Group development goals and create a map for yourself.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Team Building opportunities costing us money?
– Is there any existing Team Building governance structure?
Industrial and organizational psychology Critical Criteria:
Detail Industrial and organizational psychology projects and prioritize challenges of Industrial and organizational psychology.
– Will Team Building have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– What about Team Building Analysis of results?
Leadership development Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Leadership development adoptions and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Leadership development decisions.
– Think about the people you identified for your Team Building project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– How should we modify our leadership development program to drive better business results?
– Where are the best areas for us to target our leadership development program?
– Can we do Team Building without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Are there Team Building Models?
Maslow’s hierarchy of needs Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Maslow’s hierarchy of needs governance and question.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Team Building goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Team Building activities?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Team Building?
Millennials Critical Criteria:
Merge Millennials results and attract Millennials skills.
– For your Team Building project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Is Team Building dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– How to deal with Team Building Changes?
Negative affect Critical Criteria:
Drive Negative affect results and question.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Team Building? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– How can you negotiate Team Building successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
Nonverbal communication Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Nonverbal communication management and separate what are the business goals Nonverbal communication is aiming to achieve.
– Consider your own Team Building project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Is Supporting Team Building documentation required?
– How can skill-level changes improve Team Building?
Organization development Critical Criteria:
Rank Organization development issues and find the ideas you already have.
– In a project to restructure Team Building outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– How do we measure improved Team Building service perception, and satisfaction?
– What threat is Team Building addressing?
Performance appraisal Critical Criteria:
Group Performance appraisal planning and report on the economics of relationships managing Performance appraisal and constraints.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Team Building that make it risky?
– Why is Team Building important for you now?
Personal development Critical Criteria:
See the value of Personal development risks and transcribe Personal development as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Team Building strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Team Building is underway?
– Will Team Building deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Ramification problem Critical Criteria:
Mix Ramification problem governance and remodel and develop an effective Ramification problem strategy.
– Do those selected for the Team Building team have a good general understanding of what Team Building is all about?
– Do the Team Building decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– How much does Team Building help?
Socionics Critical Criteria:
Consult on Socionics goals and prioritize challenges of Socionics.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Team Building processes of our organization?
– What are the short and long-term Team Building goals?
Supervisory rating Critical Criteria:
Analyze Supervisory rating goals and budget for Supervisory rating challenges.
– Is there a Team Building Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– What is Effective Team Building?
Team effectiveness Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Team effectiveness projects and prioritize challenges of Team effectiveness.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Team Building is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Is Team Building Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Team management Critical Criteria:
Nurse Team management decisions and do something to it.
– Does Team Building systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Team Building forward?
Teamwork Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Teamwork leadership and explain and analyze the challenges of Teamwork.
– What are the barriers to increased Team Building production?
– How do we manage Team Building Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Is a Team Building Team Work effort in place?
Workplace politics Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Workplace politics planning and define what our big hairy audacious Workplace politics goal is.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Team Building agendas for the next 3 years?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Team Building leaders?
– Does Team Building analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Team Building Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Team Building External links:
Fun & Effective Corporate Team Building Events
10 Quick and Easy Team Building Activities [Part 1] | Huddle
Action planning External links:
Indistar Action Planning Tool Resources and Materials
Incident Action Planning Guide | FEMA.gov
[DOC]ACTION PLANNING FORM – Vanderbilt University
Affect External links:
How Humans Affect Animals – Melissa Kaplan
Affect and effect – University of Kansas
Does Caffeine Affect Erectile Dysfunction | …
Business process External links:
Canon Business Process Services
[PDF]Business Process Guide Position Management : …
Business Process Manager Job Description and Salary
Cognitive behavioral therapy External links:
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy In Children – What You …
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy | Psychology Today
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT): How Does It Work?
Communication External links:
Welcome to StoneL | Valve Communication Solutions
Critical thinking External links:
Defining Critical Thinking
CriticalThinking.NET Definition of Critical Thinking
Employee engagement External links:
WorkJam: Employee Engagement
Employee Engagement & Performance Management Software | 15Five
Employee Engagement Software | Officevibe
Experiential learning External links:
Experiential Learning – Experiential Learning
Smartsims – Business Simulation Games & Experiential Learning
CORE ELMS | Experiential Learning Management …
Facilitation External links:
Facilitation Synonyms, Facilitation Antonyms | …
eSRB – Taxpayer Facilitation Portal
XLerate Group | Nationwide Auction & Remarketing Facilitation
Group development External links:
[PDF]5 Stages of Group Development
Group development. (Book, 1961) [WorldCat.org]
What is Group Development? Definition and meaning
Industrial and organizational psychology External links:
Wiley: Industrial and Organizational Psychology: …
Industrial and Organizational Psychology – Welcome to SIOP
Industrial and Organizational Psychology – Psychology, …
Leadership development External links:
Leadership Development Institute- Eckerd College
Leadership Development Results That Matter | CCL
Leadership Development Programs | Leadership Louisville …
Maslow’s hierarchy of needs External links:
Definition of Maslow’s Hierarchy Of Needs | Chegg.com
Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs Flashcards | Quizlet
Motivation – Applying Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs Theory
Millennials External links:
40 Things Only Millennials Say | Best Life
Millennials are killing list – Business Insider
Nonverbal communication External links:
Types of Nonverbal Communication – Verywell
http://Nonverbal communication between people is communication through sending and receiving wordless clues. It includes the use of visual cues such as body language (kinesics), distance (proxemics) and physical environments/appearance, of voice (paralanguage) and of touch (haptics).
Nonverbal Communication – Exam 1 Flashcards | Quizlet
Organization development External links:
National Center for Organization Development
What is Organization Development? – OD Network
The International Society For Organization Development …
Performance appraisal External links:
[PDF]Performance Appraisal Handbook – usbr.gov
Performance Appraisal | Performance Appraisal Process
[PDF]Performance Appraisal Handbook – HHS.gov
Personal development External links:
Actualized.org – Advanced Personal Development Videos
Inge Rock – Personal development
Contact – The Institute for Personal Development
Ramification problem External links:
[1602.03662] Sieves and the Minimal Ramification Problem
On the minimal ramification problem for semiabelian …
Socionics External links:
World Socionics Society – Home | Facebook
InterPals Penpals – socionics profile
Supervisory rating External links:
Description: Confidentiality of the Supervisory Rating …
Team effectiveness External links:
[DOC]Team Effectiveness Survey – Augsburg University
[PDF]TEAM EFFECTIVENESS MODEL – University of Victoria
[DOC]Team Effectiveness Evaluation Rubric
Team management External links:
Free Sports Team Management Software | Teamstuff
[PDF]Article – Team management
Team Management Skills – Team Management Training …
Teamwork External links:
Teamwork.com – Official Site
“House M.D.” Teamwork (TV Episode 2009) – IMDb
Team Building Videos | Teamwork Videos
Workplace politics External links:
6 Ways to Rise Above Workplace Politics (and Emerge Unscathed)