What is involved in Business activity monitoring
Find out what the related areas are that Business activity monitoring connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Business activity monitoring thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Business activity monitoring journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Business activity monitoring leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Business activity monitoring related domains to cover and 113 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Business activity monitoring, Business decision, Business intelligence, Business process, Business process management, Business service management, Buzzword, Complex event processing, Computer system, Dashboard, Event correlation, Gartner, Issue tracking system, Key performance indicator, Operational Intelligence, Problem solving, Software:
Business activity monitoring Critical Criteria:
Mine Business activity monitoring decisions and learn.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Business activity monitoring process?
– In a project to restructure Business activity monitoring outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– How do we manage Business activity monitoring Knowledge Management (KM)?
Business decision Critical Criteria:
Model after Business decision leadership and pioneer acquisition of Business decision systems.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Business activity monitoring process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Business activity monitoring process available?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Business activity monitoring into the services that we provide?
– Are we Assessing Business activity monitoring and Risk?
Business intelligence Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Business intelligence planning and do something to it.
– Can your software connect to all forms of data, from text and Excel files to cloud and enterprise-grade databases, with a few clicks?
– What is the difference between Key Performance Indicators KPI and Critical Success Factors CSF in a Business Strategic decision?
– Are NoSQL databases used primarily for applications or are they used in Business Intelligence use cases as well?
– Can you filter, drill down, or add entirely new data to your visualization with mobile editing?
– What is the future scope for combination of Business Intelligence and Cloud Computing?
– Does your BI solution allow analytical insights to happen anywhere and everywhere?
– Was your software written by your organization or acquired from a third party?
– What are some common criticisms of Sharepoint as a knowledge sharing tool?
– Does creating or modifying reports or dashboards require a reporting team?
– Who prioritizes, conducts and monitors business intelligence projects?
– What is your anticipated learning curve for Report Users?
– What type and complexity of system administration roles?
– What are the best client side analytics tools today?
– Where is the business intelligence bottleneck?
– Will your product work from a mobile device?
– Is your BI software easy to understand?
– Do you offer formal user training?
– What is your annual maintenance?
– Types of data sources supported?
– What is your products direction?
Business process Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Business process projects and proactively manage Business process risks.
– Have the segments, goals and performance objectives been translated into an actionable and realistic target business and information architecture expressed within business functions, business processes, and information requirements?
– What are the disruptive Business activity monitoring technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Are interruptions to business activities counteracted and critical business processes protected from the effects of major failures or disasters?
– Has business process Cybersecurity has been included in continuity of operations plans for areas such as customer data, billing, etc.?
– When conducting a business process reengineering study, what should we look for when trying to identify business processes to change?
– Do you design data protection and privacy requirements into the development of your business processes and new systems?
– Do the functional areas need business process integration (e.g., order entl. billing, or Customer Service)?
– Do we have detailed information on the business process for refunds and charge backs if they are required?
– If we accept checks what is the desired business process around supporting checks?
– What are the relationships with other business processes and are these necessary?
– How do we Identify specific Business activity monitoring investment and emerging trends?
– What would Eligible entity be asked to do to facilitate your normal business process?
– Do changes in business processes fall under the scope of Change Management?
– What business process supports the entry and validation of the data?
– How do we improve business processes and how do we deliver on that?
– How does the solution handle core business processes?
– What/how are business processes defined?
Business process management Critical Criteria:
Audit Business process management decisions and document what potential Business process management megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Business activity monitoring?
– Does the Business activity monitoring task fit the clients priorities?
Business service management Critical Criteria:
Rank Business service management results and gather Business service management models .
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Business activity monitoring?
– How do we keep improving Business activity monitoring?
Buzzword Critical Criteria:
Analyze Buzzword governance and devote time assessing Buzzword and its risk.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Business activity monitoring does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– So, is DevOps a flash in the pan, an industry buzzword, or a new approach that will be cool for a couple of years and then superceded by the next big thing?
– Are there Business activity monitoring problems defined?
Complex event processing Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Complex event processing visions and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Complex event processing services.
– Do the Business activity monitoring decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Can we do Business activity monitoring without complex (expensive) analysis?
– What are specific Business activity monitoring Rules to follow?
Computer system Critical Criteria:
Jump start Computer system failures and find answers.
– During the last 3 years, have you experienced a disruption to your computer system that lasted longer than 4 hours for any reason (other than planned downtime)?
– How do we measure improved Business activity monitoring service perception, and satisfaction?
– What are all of our Business activity monitoring domains and what do they do?
– What are our Business activity monitoring Processes?
Dashboard Critical Criteria:
Chart Dashboard adoptions and slay a dragon.
– Forget right-click and control+z. mobile interactions are fundamentally different from those on a desktop. does your mobile solution allow you to interact with desktop-authored dashboards using touchscreen gestures like taps, flicks, and pinches?
– What are our best practices for minimizing Business activity monitoring project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Business activity monitoring project lifecycle?
– Does your BI solution honor distinctions with dashboards that automatically authenticate and provide the appropriate level of detail based on a users privileges to the data source?
– Does your bi solution have dashboards that automatically authenticate and provide the appropriate level of detail based on a users privileges to the data source?
– Does your mobile solution allow you to interact with desktop-authored dashboards using touchscreen gestures like taps, flicks, and pinches?
– Does your bi solution require weeks of training before new users can analyze data and publish dashboards?
– Are assumptions made in Business activity monitoring stated explicitly?
– Reveal insight to compliance status through dashboards and reports?
– What social media dashboards are available and how do they compare?
– How can data extraction from dashboards be automated?
– Is the scope of Business activity monitoring defined?
– Using dashboard functions?
Event correlation Critical Criteria:
Steer Event correlation adoptions and find out.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Business activity monitoring agendas for the next 3 years?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Business activity monitoring effort?
– How do we go about Comparing Business activity monitoring approaches/solutions?
Gartner Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Gartner outcomes and oversee Gartner management by competencies.
– Why should we adopt a Business activity monitoring framework?
– How do we go about Securing Business activity monitoring?
Issue tracking system Critical Criteria:
Administer Issue tracking system strategies and finalize specific methods for Issue tracking system acceptance.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Business activity monitoring process?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Business activity monitoring?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Business activity monitoring leader?
Key performance indicator Critical Criteria:
Boost Key performance indicator outcomes and define what our big hairy audacious Key performance indicator goal is.
– What is the importance of knowing the key performance indicators KPIs for a business process when trying to implement a business intelligence system?
– Choosing good key performance indicators (KPI Key Performance Indicators) did we start from the question How do you measure a companys success?
– Kpi key performance indicators opportunities. are there opportunities to use the field/table to measure performance?
– Does Business activity monitoring create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– What is the source of the strategies for Business activity monitoring strengthening and reform?
– Have you identified your Business activity monitoring key performance indicators?
– Which are the key performance indicators for Customer Service?
– Who sets the Business activity monitoring standards?
Operational Intelligence Critical Criteria:
Adapt Operational Intelligence results and cater for concise Operational Intelligence education.
– Does Business activity monitoring analysis show the relationships among important Business activity monitoring factors?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Business activity monitoring process?
– How can skill-level changes improve Business activity monitoring?
Problem solving Critical Criteria:
Discuss Problem solving risks and check on ways to get started with Problem solving.
– Key problem solving knowledge resides with the knowledge workers, and not the manager. So, how do we adapt project management techniques to deal with this key reality?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Business activity monitoring forward?
– What is our formula for success in Business activity monitoring ?
Software Critical Criteria:
Debate over Software quality and observe effective Software.
– The fundamentals of agile software development, agile project management, and evolutionary development have been proven and demonstrated to be highly successful. Are these now preferred in our organization?
– Are the data and associated software produced and/or used in the project discoverable (and readily located), identifiable by means of a standard identification mechanism (e.g. digital object identifier)?
– Imagine a scenario where you engage a software group to build a critical software system. Do you think you could provide every last detail the developers need to know right off the bat?
– Does the software let users work with the existing data infrastructure already in place, freeing your IT team from creating more cubes, universes, and standalone marts?
– Vrm programs run the gamut from the collection of a few documents to advanced Risk Management software tools. what is appropriate for our organization?
– Pick an experienced Unix software developer, show him all the algorithms and ask him which one he likes the best?
– Which software allows an administrator to create and publish a service catalogue?
– How will the software and documentation libraries be created and managed?
– Should you have a strict project sequence, or should you be flexible?
– What is your favorite project managment interview question?
– Would you consider any non software-as-a-service options?
– What is our policy around the distribution of software?
– Is the software system functionally adequate?
– Will the team be populated by stakeholders?
– Addressing existing Legacy Software?
– What is our Agile methodology?
– What is the client software?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Business activity monitoring Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Business activity monitoring External links:
KnowledgeSync – The Leader in Business Activity Monitoring
KnowledgeSync – The Leader in Business Activity Monitoring
What is Business Activity Monitoring? – Quora
Business decision External links:
Business decision making assignment | Assignment …
Business decision making (Book, 1981) [WorldCat.org]
BUSINESS DECISION | PerfectCustomPapers
Business intelligence External links:
List of Business Intelligence Skills – The Balance
Business process External links:
[PDF]Business Process Guide Position Management : …
Business Process Management Jobs – CareerBuilder
What is business process? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Business process management External links:
Workflow Software, Business Process Management …
HEFLO BPM | Business Process Management
Business service management External links:
Login – HP Business Service Management
HP Business Service Management Integration | …
Buzzword External links:
Bees becoming buzzword in Raleigh planning :: WRAL.com
Buzzword | Definition of Buzzword by Merriam-Webster
Computer system External links:
Computer System Design Midterm Flashcards | Quizlet
Computer System Hardware Classes (Windows)
New Mexico’s computer system gets an upgrade | …
Dashboard External links:
Value Line – Research – Dashboard
Maryland Criminal Justice Dashboard and Juvenile …
Front Row Student Dashboard
Event correlation External links:
Tenable Event Correlation – Whitepaper | Tenable™
Event correlation in Application Insights – Andrei Dzimchuk
IT Event Correlation & Alert Management • ScienceLogic
Gartner External links:
Gartner Studios – Official Site
Working at Gartner
Gartner Events On Demand
Issue tracking system External links:
Transoft – Issue Tracking System
issue tracking system – Wiktionary
System Dashboard – Kapsch Software Issue Tracking System
Key performance indicator External links:
18 Key Performance Indicator (KPI) Examples Defined
Key Performance Indicators | Information Technology
KPI: What Is a Key Performance Indicator? – Mashable
Operational Intelligence External links:
Operational Intelligence Software Solutions | VizExplorer
Operational Intelligence Center Shift Supervisor -Simon
CIDNE – Operational Intelligence – ISS
Problem solving External links:
Duck Life: Treasure Hunt – Problem Solving Adventure Game
Art of Problem Solving – Official Site
Wheely – Problem Solving Adventure for Kids – ABCya.com
Software External links:
InSite SiteWork Excavation Software Overview
Insite Software – Concur
Computer Hardware, Software, Technology Solutions | Insight