What is involved in continuous moves
Find out what the related areas are that continuous moves connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a continuous moves thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its continuous moves journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward continuous moves leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which continuous moves related domains to cover and 141 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
continuous moves, Continuous delivery, Amazon.com, Application lifecycle management, Application release automation, Architecturally significant requirements, Branching, Build automation, Build management, Change management, Continuous configuration automation, Continuous integration, Continuous testing, DevOps, Facebook, Feature toggle, Google, Paddy Power, Poka-Yoke, Release management, Software configuration management, Software engineering, Software release, Source control, Version control, Wells Fargo, WinOps, Yahoo.com:
continuous moves Critical Criteria:
Meet over continuous moves goals and finalize specific methods for continuous moves acceptance.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our continuous moves agendas for the next 3 years?
– How will you know that the continuous moves project has been successful?
– What are the barriers to increased continuous moves production?
Continuous delivery Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Continuous delivery management and devote time assessing Continuous delivery and its risk.
– A competitive edge, excellent. Focus on continuous delivery. Move on to continuous deployment because that is going to provide your business value. But look at your individual business. Look at your environment and say is that what gives us the competitive edge?
– What is the source of the strategies for continuous moves strengthening and reform?
– Does your organization run a Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) process?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in continuous moves?
– Does your organization hope to achieve continuous delivery?
– What threat is continuous moves addressing?
Amazon.com Critical Criteria:
Read up on Amazon.com failures and look at the big picture.
– what is the best design framework for continuous moves organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– How do mission and objectives affect the continuous moves processes of our organization?
– How can the value of continuous moves be defined?
Application lifecycle management Critical Criteria:
Match Application lifecycle management quality and find out.
– Does continuous moves include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Who will provide the final approval of continuous moves deliverables?
– Why should we adopt a continuous moves framework?
Application release automation Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Application release automation goals and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Does continuous moves analysis show the relationships among important continuous moves factors?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing continuous moves?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your continuous moves activities?
Architecturally significant requirements Critical Criteria:
Derive from Architecturally significant requirements decisions and remodel and develop an effective Architecturally significant requirements strategy.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a continuous moves project?
– How can you measure continuous moves in a systematic way?
Branching Critical Criteria:
Participate in Branching risks and sort Branching activities.
– What management system can we use to leverage the continuous moves experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if continuous moves does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What will drive continuous moves change?
Build automation Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Build automation leadership and find out.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations continuous moves values?
– Who needs to know about continuous moves ?
Build management Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Build management risks and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new continuous moves in a volatile global economy?
– How likely is the current continuous moves plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Change management Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Change management issues and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Change management.
– Has the team ensured that key cultural barriers (e.g., training and skills required for new jobs, entrenched culture, incompatible support structures, fear of downsizing) are addressed in its Change Management strategy?
– In terms of change focus, leaders will examine the success of past strategic initiatives and the concrete Change Management that accompanied them. is the overall strategy sound?
– Business Change and Training Manager responsibilities include Planning, coordinating and implementing an Organizational Change Management Plan?
– Do you have resources, processes, and methodologies in place to provide training and organizational change management services?
– Does your organization have a preferred organizational change management methodology?
– What are the most important benefits of effective organizational change management?
– Do project management and Change Management look the same for every initiative?
– Does the service providers Change Management process match the customers needs?
– Do changes in business processes fall under the scope of Change Management?
– How effective is your organization with organizational change management?
– Think of your continuous moves project. what are the main functions?
– What change management practices does your organization employ?
– When is Change Management used on a project at which level?
– When is Change Management used on a project?
– When to start Change Management?
– What is Change Management?
Continuous configuration automation Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Continuous configuration automation adoptions and research ways can we become the Continuous configuration automation company that would put us out of business.
– Does continuous moves create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of continuous moves that make it risky?
Continuous integration Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Continuous integration decisions and oversee implementation of Continuous integration.
– Think about the functions involved in your continuous moves project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Do we all define continuous moves in the same way?
– Will we use Continuous Integration?
Continuous testing Critical Criteria:
Adapt Continuous testing engagements and define what our big hairy audacious Continuous testing goal is.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent continuous moves services/products?
– How to deal with continuous moves Changes?
– How much does continuous moves help?
DevOps Critical Criteria:
Examine DevOps adoptions and clarify ways to gain access to competitive DevOps services.
– Ask yourself when youre talking about DevOps, again, its not about a product. Its about what you know and how your company is structured, how your team works together. So, one of the questions I like to ask is, Do your developers-does your development team know exactly what actual production looks like. I mean exactly. Can they tell you what production looks like?
– When the engineering team is satisfied, and pushes the new features to a full automation run, including load testing, how long does it take to declare the service ready to use?
– Telemetry should spot any problem before the customer tells us. How long does it take to identify that which users are affected and how severely?
– Approximately how many application upgrades and new features does your organization release for existing applications in a year?
– What are the requirements/goals for consumers and for providers of storage services in a cloud environment?
– What is required to deliver end-to-end visibility across teams, tools and projects?
– Has the wider business seen any measurable benefits from implementing DevOps?
– How long does it take us to restore the service in the users eyes?
– HOW MANY DEVOPS INITIATIVES DOES THE AVERAGE ORGANIZATION SUPPORT?
– Which team is the primary sponsor for setting up DevOps practices?
– What are your two biggest risks for DevOps implementation?
– How will you measure your continuous moves effectiveness?
– Does development and qa require full production data?
– WHAT DOES DEVOPS LOOK LIKE – ACROSS THE SDLC?
– What Are the Measurable Benefits of DevOps?
– DEVOPS LEADERS Who runs DevOps Initiatives?
– Databases: An Obstacle to DevOps Progress?
– Why Development and IT Operations?
– DevOps means what, exactly?
– Who Drives DevOps?
Facebook Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Facebook issues and cater for concise Facebook education.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your continuous moves strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Facebook: does using facebook for discussions in an online course enhance perceived social presence and student interaction?
– Does using Facebook for discussions in an online course enhance perceived social presence and student interaction?
– Why is it so hard to develop a mental model of facebooks information architecture?
– Why are investors so optimistic about facebook?
Feature toggle Critical Criteria:
Rank Feature toggle governance and forecast involvement of future Feature toggle projects in development.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed continuous moves opportunities costing us money?
– How do we Lead with continuous moves in Mind?
Google Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Google failures and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Google.
– We keep record of data and store them in cloud services; for example Google Suite. There are data protection tools provided and security rules can be set. But who has the responsibility for securing them – us or Google?
– How does our CRM collaboration software integrate well with Google services like Google Apps and Google Docs?
– Is maximizing continuous moves protection the same as minimizing continuous moves loss?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a continuous moves study?
Paddy Power Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Paddy Power tactics and point out Paddy Power tensions in leadership.
– Have you identified your continuous moves key performance indicators?
– What about continuous moves Analysis of results?
Poka-Yoke Critical Criteria:
Model after Poka-Yoke decisions and tour deciding if Poka-Yoke progress is made.
– Have the types of risks that may impact continuous moves been identified and analyzed?
Release management Critical Criteria:
Deduce Release management goals and cater for concise Release management education.
– What happens after development: how should developers release component-based software and how can users subsequently obtain such software especially if the software under consideration consists of many components that are released by many organizations at many different geographical locations?
– Information/context awareness: how can a developer/participant restore awareness in project activity after having been offline for a few hours, days, or weeks?
– How do these developers concur over long distances in environments where people rarely if ever meet face to face in a virtual organization?
– What are the issues that arise when a limited number of vendors participate in a technology market and how can the risks be mitigated ?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of continuous moves into the services that we provide?
– How much do political issues impact on the decision in open source projects and how does this ultimately impact on innovation?
– Does it Improve the production readiness and quality of your application code?
– Does it Eliminate lengthy email threads trying to achieve change approval?
– Are there any guarantees that the project will ever be completed?
– Is open source software development essentially an agile method?
– What do we know about proximity and distance in work groups?
– What tools and techniques are use to support these activities?
– Do you have existing automation or deployment tools?
– What are the development, release, and deployment activities?
– How well are os projects documented?
– what is NEXT FOR RELEASE MANAGEMENT AND DEVOPS?
– Can you Reduce your release window by 90%?
– What is release management?
– How are changes managed?
– When to buy vs. build ?
Software configuration management Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Software configuration management results and get answers.
– What are some of the software Configuration Management tools?
– Definition: what is software Configuration Management?
– Motivation: why software Configuration Management?
– What are specific continuous moves Rules to follow?
– Why software Configuration Management ?
– Do we have past continuous moves Successes?
Software engineering Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Software engineering projects and overcome Software engineering skills and management ineffectiveness.
– DevOps isnt really a product. Its not something you can buy. DevOps is fundamentally about culture and about the quality of your application. And by quality I mean the specific software engineering term of quality, of different quality attributes. What matters to you?
– Can we answer questions like: Was the software process followed and software engineering standards been properly applied?
– Is open source software development faster, better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– Which continuous moves goals are the most important?
– Better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– Are there recognized continuous moves problems?
– What are our continuous moves Processes?
Software release Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Software release leadership and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Software release projects.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its continuous moves processes?
– What are internal and external continuous moves relations?
Source control Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Source control issues and define Source control competency-based leadership.
– What are the short and long-term continuous moves goals?
– How do we maintain continuous movess Integrity?
– Do you use source control?
Version control Critical Criteria:
Guard Version control outcomes and define Version control competency-based leadership.
– How can you experiment with a complex change and benefit from the version control system without making the change public?
– Will continuous moves have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Will you be using a standard naming format and version control?
– What are the Key enablers to make this continuous moves move?
– How do we improve the way that we use version control?
– What goes under version control?
– How to Secure continuous moves?
Wells Fargo Critical Criteria:
Match Wells Fargo outcomes and revise understanding of Wells Fargo architectures.
WinOps Critical Criteria:
Examine WinOps management and catalog WinOps activities.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for continuous moves strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the continuous moves process?
Yahoo.com Critical Criteria:
Audit Yahoo.com governance and triple focus on important concepts of Yahoo.com relationship management.
– Do we monitor the continuous moves decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the continuous moves Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
continuous moves External links:
Owner Operators – Dedicated and Continuous Moves …
continuous moves – Gartner IT Glossary
Continuous delivery External links:
Continuous Delivery – CA Technologies
GoCD – Open Source Continuous Delivery and Automation …
Continuous Delivery (eBook, 2014) [WorldCat.org]
Amazon.com External links:
Amazon.com: This Town: Niall Horan: MP3 Downloads
Application lifecycle management External links:
HP Application Lifecycle Management 12.53
[PDF]What is Application Lifecycle Management?
Application release automation External links:
Application Release Automation – CA Technologies
Application Release Automation with Database Automation
Application Release Automation | ARCAD Software
Architecturally significant requirements External links:
[PDF]Architecturally Significant Requirements, …
Concept: Architecturally Significant Requirements
Branching External links:
Learn Git Branching
Git – Basic Branching and Merging
Build automation External links:
Best Build Automation Software in 2017 | G2 Crowd
Build management External links:
VERDANT LANDSCAPE DESIGN BUILD MANAGEMENT
Change management External links:
Change Management Models & Process | Change Activation
What is change management? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Change Management Consulting Firm | Clerestory Consulting
Continuous integration External links:
[PDF]Continuous integration for BI – SQLSaturday
Continuous Integration How-To – developer.force.com
Continuous testing External links:
FAQs for continuous testing | Microsoft Docs
[PDF]Continuous Testing Program The leader in “Remote” …
Continuous Testing – CA Technologies
DevOps External links:
DevOps in Your Job Title is Doing You Harm – Pete Cheslock
DevOps jobs | Dice.com
Debating the “DevOps” Job Title – DZone
Facebook External links:
Facebook – Log In or Sign Up
Yahoo – Home | Facebook
Feature toggle External links:
Log in – Feature Toggle Manager
Google External links:
Google Docs – create and edit documents online, for free.
Paddy Power External links:
Paddy Power Betfair plc (PPB.L) – Yahoo Finance
Paddy Power – Official Site
Paddy Power Pub: Craft Beer & Pub Fare | Merrick, NY
Poka-Yoke External links:
[PDF]Poka-Yoke Presentation for ASQ
[PPT]Mistake Proofing & Poka-yoke – landp.com.au
Software configuration management External links:
Software configuration management
http://In software engineering, software configuration management (SCM or S/W CM) is the task of tracking and controlling changes in the software, part of the larger cross-disciplinary field of configuration management. SCM practices include revision control and the establishment of baselines. If something goes wrong, SCM can determine what was changed and who changed it.
Set up the software configuration management …
What is Software Configuration Management and Why Do …
Software engineering External links:
Software Engineering Institute
Codesmith | Software Engineering & Machine Learning
Academy for Software Engineering / Homepage
Software release External links:
TaxAct 2017 Professional Tax Software Release Dates
Source control External links:
2016 Source Control Manual | The City of Portland, Oregon
Source control | Microsoft Docs
Visual Studio Code Source Control API
Version control External links:
Excel Version Control – Pathio
Simul | Version Control for Microsoft Word | Simul …
Penflip – collaborative writing and version control
Wells Fargo External links:
Wells Fargo Funding
eServices Sign On – Wells Fargo Dealer Services
WinOps External links:
WINOPS Real-Time Dredge Positioning Software – …
WinOps | The conference dedicated to DevOps in a Windows …
Yahoo.com External links:
Home | research.yahoo.com