What is involved in Technology roadmapping
Find out what the related areas are that Technology roadmapping connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Technology roadmapping thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Technology roadmapping journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Technology roadmapping leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Technology roadmapping related domains to cover and 69 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Technology roadmapping, Technology roadmap, Business development, Business plan, Class diagram, Corporate strategy, Enterprise systems engineering, Information technology planning, Planning horizon, Project network, Requirement prioritization, Resource allocation, Scenario planning, Strategic business unit, Strategic management, Strategic planning, Strategic technology plan, System requirements, Technology life cycle, Vision statement, Work breakdown structure:
Technology roadmapping Critical Criteria:
Apply Technology roadmapping failures and maintain Technology roadmapping for success.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Technology roadmapping?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Technology roadmapping leaders?
– Does Technology roadmapping appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Technology roadmap Critical Criteria:
Shape Technology roadmap quality and remodel and develop an effective Technology roadmap strategy.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Technology roadmapping models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Is there any existing Technology roadmapping governance structure?
Business development Critical Criteria:
Drive Business development failures and devise Business development key steps.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Technology roadmapping objectives?
– What vendors make products that address the Technology roadmapping needs?
– How to Secure Technology roadmapping?
Business plan Critical Criteria:
Boost Business plan outcomes and stake your claim.
– Its important to reach your customers. Every business, if wise, will have a promotion and advertising plan. You need to consider the image you want to project to your customers about your business. Will your business stand out because you are a proven a leader in the service or product industry by providing innovative services or products, or you provide customer confidence by providing high quality Customer Service?
– How do we measure improved Technology roadmapping service perception, and satisfaction?
– What are the short and long-term Technology roadmapping goals?
– Have Business Plans with your Critical Preferred Vendors?
– Have all basic functions of Technology roadmapping been defined?
– Do you need to develop a Human Resources manual?
– How do you plan to address Customer Service?
– Do we offer Superior Customer Service?
Class diagram Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Class diagram management and create a map for yourself.
– Do those selected for the Technology roadmapping team have a good general understanding of what Technology roadmapping is all about?
– Who needs to know about Technology roadmapping ?
Corporate strategy Critical Criteria:
Check Corporate strategy leadership and probe Corporate strategy strategic alliances.
– To what extent does management recognize Technology roadmapping as a tool to increase the results?
– What is the purpose of Technology roadmapping in relation to the mission?
– Has MD initiatives been matched to the corporate strategy?
– Why should we adopt a Technology roadmapping framework?
Enterprise systems engineering Critical Criteria:
Check Enterprise systems engineering results and finalize the present value of growth of Enterprise systems engineering.
– In the case of a Technology roadmapping project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Technology roadmapping project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Technology roadmapping project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Technology roadmapping in a volatile global economy?
Information technology planning Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Information technology planning strategies and optimize Information technology planning leadership as a key to advancement.
– Consider your own Technology roadmapping project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Is there a Technology roadmapping Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– How do we go about Comparing Technology roadmapping approaches/solutions?
Planning horizon Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Planning horizon failures and figure out ways to motivate other Planning horizon users.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Technology roadmapping? There might be some that are less obvious?
– How do we know that any Technology roadmapping analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Who will provide the final approval of Technology roadmapping deliverables?
Project network Critical Criteria:
Guard Project network management and intervene in Project network processes and leadership.
– Will Technology roadmapping have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– What threat is Technology roadmapping addressing?
Requirement prioritization Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Requirement prioritization quality and acquire concise Requirement prioritization education.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Technology roadmapping services/products?
– Why are Technology roadmapping skills important?
Resource allocation Critical Criteria:
Check Resource allocation visions and transcribe Resource allocation as tomorrows backbone for success.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Technology roadmapping?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Technology roadmapping, including any consulting or professional services?
Scenario planning Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Scenario planning failures and observe effective Scenario planning.
– Among the Technology roadmapping product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
Strategic business unit Critical Criteria:
Look at Strategic business unit issues and document what potential Strategic business unit megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Does Technology roadmapping create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Technology roadmapping processes of our organization?
– What are specific Technology roadmapping Rules to follow?
Strategic management Critical Criteria:
Examine Strategic management quality and look at it backwards.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Technology roadmapping goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Technology roadmapping agendas for the next 3 years?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Technology roadmapping requirements in detail?
Strategic planning Critical Criteria:
Systematize Strategic planning goals and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Strategic planning information.
– What are the disruptive Technology roadmapping technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Technology roadmapping activities?
– Are the data relevant to the strategic planning needs of the company?
Strategic technology plan Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Strategic technology plan engagements and proactively manage Strategic technology plan risks.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Technology roadmapping study?
– What are internal and external Technology roadmapping relations?
System requirements Critical Criteria:
Rank System requirements quality and document what potential System requirements megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
Technology life cycle Critical Criteria:
Value Technology life cycle management and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Technology life cycle projects.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Technology roadmapping is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Technology roadmapping that make it risky?
Vision statement Critical Criteria:
Own Vision statement visions and be persistent.
– Do you have a copy of the current mission and vision statements, and portions of the strategic plan or objective related to this ERM project?
– Are business goals and objectives a direct translation of the companys vision statement?
– Do you have a vision statement?
– What is our Vision Statement?
– What is our Vision Statement?
Work breakdown structure Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Work breakdown structure failures and customize techniques for implementing Work breakdown structure controls.
– When a Technology roadmapping manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Technology roadmapping been identified and analyzed?
– Have you identified your Technology roadmapping key performance indicators?
– Explain in detail the Work Breakdown Structure?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Technology roadmapping Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Technology roadmapping External links:
Technology Roadmapping – IACMI
Technology roadmap External links:
Login : Technology Roadmap Builder
Three Example Technology Roadmap Templates – …
Technology Roadmap Software by ProductPlan
Business development External links:
The Difference Between Sales and Business Development
Business Development Titles Jobs – Monster.com
Title Business Development Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Business plan External links:
[PDF]Sample Business Plan Title Page |Cantonnewyork.us
How to Write a Business Plan (with Sample Business Plans)
Finish Your Business Plan In One Day! | Growthink | …
Class diagram External links:
[PDF]Class Diagram Ppt Slides – citychain.store
[PDF]Class Diagram For Registration – loblaws.store
UML 2 Class Diagrams: An Agile Introduction
Corporate strategy External links:
Corporate Strategy Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Job Description of a Corporate Strategy Advisor | Chron.com
Corporate strategy (Book, 2006) [WorldCat.org]
Enterprise systems engineering External links:
Enterprise Systems Engineering | VA Mobile
Information technology planning External links:
Information technology planning (Book, 1999) …
“Information Technology Planning” by UNM Faculty Senate
Integrating Information Technology Planning and …
Project network External links:
project network | Search Results | Lifeworks Northwest
Project Network Diagrams – Project Management – YouTube
Women’s Hair Loss Project Network – Landing Page
Resource allocation External links:
Resource Allocation | Prose and Purpose
Resource Allocation. (eBook, 2014) [WorldCat.org]
Scenario planning External links:
[PDF]Scenario Planning – northlandfdn.org
Scenario Planning (PowerPoint) – Flevy.com
Scenario Planning – University at Albany – SUNY
Strategic business unit External links:
Strategic Business Unit Essay Examples – New York essay
In business, a strategic business unit (SBU) is a profit center which focuses on product offering and market segment. SBUs typically have a discrete marketing plan, analysis of competition, and marketing campaign, even though they may be part of a larger business entity.
Strategic management External links:
Strategic management (Book, 1993) [WorldCat.org]
Strategic Management Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Strategic management (Book, 2015) [WorldCat.org]
Strategic technology plan External links:
Strategic Technology Plan
[PDF]Stafford County Strategic Technology Plan 2015
[PDF]Strategic Technology Plan – A Nationally Ranked …
System requirements External links:
System requirements for Microsoft Office
System Requirements | Weight Watchers
Public RAPID – System Requirements
Technology life cycle External links:
Technology Life Cycle – MBA Skool-Study.Learn.Share.
Vision statement External links:
Vision Statement | Town of Framingham, MA Official Website
Caine & Weiner – Mission and Vision Statement
Mission and Vision Statement | Chamberlain University
Work breakdown structure External links:
[PPT]Work Breakdown Structure – Pension Perisic, Podstrana
[DOC]WORK BREAKDOWN STRUCTURE – Maryland